Chap 17

Last chapter for the day, guys.

~REY POV~

I open (Y/N)'s letter eagerly. It is SO fun to be writing to each other. Downstairs, I can hear my parents screaming at each other again. I sigh and dive into her letter.It is short. 

My phone rings. It's......Usui? 

My first reaction in suspicion. I thought he liked (Y/N). He better not be hitting on others. Not that he'd hit on me. But still.

I answer. Usui speaks quickly. " As (Y/N)'s closest friend, you must know how she's doing, right?"

I say " Yeah. She wrote me a letter and we called."

Usui asks slowly "Please let me talk to her."

"She's mad still," I explain.

"Then let me read her letter," he bargains.

I almost laugh. What is this? An auction? I refuse quickly. "This is her and my private stuff."

Usui whispers. " Please. What do you want?"

I think about it." I can't betray (Y/N)."

"But you need something? Can we just do a small trade? Between the two of us. I dont want much. Just for me to read her letters."

I protest again weakly. Usui is right. I need some money. My parents give me a little every week only, and I've saved and saved but it's never enough.

So in the end, Usui comes over and he exchanges money for the letter. I feel guilty inside, like I betrayed her. I didn't though, right? All I am doing is to let Usui read her letter. That doesn't harm anyone, right? Surely it's justified. After all, I do need money. She understands that.

Usui glances at the letter and then hands it back to me. I stutter " You can talk to me if you want, you know, about her."

He looks at me and I can't read his expression in his green eyes. Then he shakes his head and walks away. " Tell me when she writes again." is all he says.