Chap 16

Hi. I'm back. HAHA. Doing two chapters today because my exams are coming, so I'm just doing more chapters today so I don't have to update...ok i don't make sense. anyway...

Lee En and I get along really well. Soon I'm telling her about my friends and troubles back home. We talk to past midnight. I lie on my bed in my pajamas and tell her. The lamp we share is a light yellow, glowing in the darkness. It makes everything more secretive somehow. Lee En tells me about her hard life. It's inspiring somehow. She was born in a village on the outskirts of Shanghai. She says "If you can't get into a school like this or university, you'll be stuck on a farm forever."

I gasp. That's terrible. Lee En tells me too "I often had to go to bed hungry. Whatever it takes, I am going to succeed and be rich to help my family."

I keep quiet, Lee En seems sad somehow. It's best not to poke into her affairs. Compared to her, I seem shallow and pampered. I have had the best education in Japan. Always had money. My only problems were bullying and boys. How lame is that? Compared to Lee En, who worked so hard just to be here. I didn't know. She just looks like a rich person. But she has worked so hard to get here.

We fall silent after this and I drop off to sleep.

The next day

Today is Saturday. I still have alot of free time. Lee En promises to bring me around later. For now, I write to Rey as promised. 

" Rey, 

HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!! China is cool. I have a roommate. I didn't KNOW i was going to have one. So on the first day like an idiot I walked in, thought it was the wrong room and walked straight out. My roommate was laughing at me too. I'm going to explore Shanghai together with her later. She's beautiful and also very nice. How is life in Japan? You know, Maki and you are the only friends I have in Japan. I want both of you to do gr8, okay? Are things at your house going ok? The stuff with, you know, your parents. You can do it, okay! I'm here for you if you need help, Rey. Once I live here longer I'll start writing really long and fat letters to you, you just wait. Hope you can read my writing. See ya!"

I smile as I seal the letter in a cute envelope for Rey. I send it off at once, so it can reach her sooner.

"Part of your education in China is to watch dramaaaaas." Lee En said yesterday., emphasising.

I open my laptop and search on Yahoo. I love historical dramas, so I start watching a few. Like Princess of Wei Yang. It is so good! >,< 

Lee En comes in just then, from playing tennis outside. She smiles at me. "I told you they are good, yes? China is good dramas."

I laugh at her broken Chinese. "You have to start speaking Japanese to me, soon."

Lee En laughs.