3

We entered Mr.Su's class for Precalculus and headed to the back where the entire row was empty. I occupied the seat closest to the window which showed a beautiful view of the scenery across the street from the school. Ray sat next to me and Star sat in front of me, leaving a chair open for their four friends that'd be joining us in class. Students began to pile into the classroom and Ray and Star's faces lit up when their friends walked in. A short girl with long brown hair and red highlights walking in hand in hand with a boy a few inches taller than her. He wore a red hoodie, sunglasses, and some black low hanging jeans on. Another boy walked in closely behind him with a tall mixed girl with long brown hair that reached her hips. She wore large nerdy glasses on her face and carried her books in her hand. Ray and Star got up to greet their friends and introduced us.

"Jacob these are our friends Ej and his girlfriend Déjà our friend's girlfriend, Kennedy." Star introduced me. I greeted them with handshakes and a small hug from the quiet and shy Kennedy. "Where's Jaay?" They asked her. "He was sick today. He stayed home." She mumbled shyly.

We took our seats as our teacher entered the classroom, beginning to write notes on the board as all the students copied them into their notebooks. As everyone was writing, the door bursted open, three students walking into the classroom being rowdy and loud. "Please take your seats. You've earned yourselves detention for tardiness, don't make me double it for disturbance." Mr.Su exclaimed as the boys took their seats right next to Kennedy. "Where's your boyfriend? Little nigga probably fucking somebody else." One of the boys shouted over to Kennedy. She shook her head at their foolishness and continued to right down her notes. I was finished my notes and I looked around the room. The peaceful silence was broken by loud snickers. Everyone looked over to see the boys had taken Kennedy's backpack and dumped all of her belongings out on the floor. Déjà ad Star jumped out of their seats along with Ej and Prod and began to argue with the three boys. I got up and helped Kennedy pick up her belongings from the floor. Mr.Su told everyone to sit down and threatened to send anyone who disturbed class to the principal's office. Once we were done picking up Kennedy's things, we all went back to our seats. The boys continued to poke and play with Kennedy and it was the last straw for everybody when one of the three started feeling on Kennedy.

"Yo man! Leave her the fuck alone!" Ray yelled, shoving him onto the ground.

"Y'all aint got no balls to do this shit when Jaay here. Well nigga I'll be glad to sock yo ass for him." Deja yelled, punching the other one in the face. Ray, Ej, and the three guys started fighting as the teacher called for security. Since it was my first day, I kind of just laid low and didn't get into the fight. Well that and I was horrible at self defense.

"What happened?" Rachel, Prod, and Chres asked me as we all left the classroom. "They were messing with Kennedy and they started touching her and stuff so Ej and Ray fought the guys and they're in principal's office." I told them out do breath. The teacher told us to leave when the security came in to break up the fight. "Did you getting the dudes name's." Chres asked as he cracked his knuckles. "Calm down Chres. Don't get yourself in trouble." Star told him. "Where is she at then?" He yelled, causing everyone around him to jump. "I think I saw her run outside." Deja told him. He ran towards the back door and darted out of the exit, causing everyone to stop what they were doing. "What's the matter with him?" A short boy asked walking over to us. "Some jackasses were messing with Kennedy. He's crazy when it come to her." Star laughed.
"Well it is his only god daughter." The boy I now knew as Myles joked. We all headed to the cafeteria to hang around to our next class.