mirage

He tried not to gaze upon her for she was naked in all her glory and unaware that someone was watching.

Celene immersed herself in the freshwater and combed her long ivory hair with a porcelain shell. It was soft and white with seven smooth prongs running down the side.

At this point he could not control his ungodly thoughts about the woman he had been watching over since her birth. It caused him excruciating pain to wait twenty years for a woman he had only seen and never talked to, directly.

He decided finally it was time to meet and time for her to love him.

Celene covered her breast in a quick motion; suddenly startled by the young man that stood at the bank of the lake watching quietly. She had made friends with a lot of the townspeople but she had never seen this man before. His long unruly chestnut hair and wide olive eyes caught her attention, along with his sun tanned skin.

"Apologies, I did not mean to startle you" his voice was warm and familiar just like the deep voice in her frequent dreams. "Would you grace me with your name?"

"Celene"

"A beautiful name" his smiled sitting down on the dry grass as she emerged from the cold water. "For a beautiful woman"

"Gratitude, but I must go now"

She took hold of her flimsy dress and quickly dressed once more. Poseidon's voice was caught in his throat and gapping his mouth he still could not form the words to make her stay.

"I will see you soon Celene"

As she shuffled off into the forest from whence she came, she felt a chill run down her damp back.

And he felt it as well.