It's Okay

"So, what's so important about the child?" Diyoza questioned, sitting across from Clarke.

"She's my daughter." Clarke spat, furious that they had separated her from Madi.

Diyoza smiled, "I don't mean to you. Why is she so important to Wonkru?" She leaned in so close that Clarke could feel her breath.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Please," Diyoza leaned back, "I have people everywhere. You think Echo is the only spy I have?"

Clarke didn't budge. How could she let Diyoza know that Madi is the only factor that could save Wonkru and potentially stop the war.

"The people here," Diyoza continued, "are mass murderers. Terrorists. Prisoners that were forced to mine in space while their world died."

A single tear fell from Clarke's eyes as she thought of everything she has had to lose because of the end of the world, "I didn't do that to you," she let out, her voice barely a whisper.

Charmaine Diyoza laughed in Clarke's face, "They don't care about who is to blame. They are tired of chains, of working, of fighting, and they will do whatever is needed to win this war."

"You wanna know why Madi's so important?" Clarke caught Diyoza's attention, "She can give that to you."

***
"What happened?" Bellamy asked Clarke when she was back from her interrogation.

"We're going to get out of here," Clarke claimed, "That's what happened."

Bellamy carefully watched Clarke who was frantically walking around the room.

Clarke looked around, confusion settling across her face "Where's Raven?"

Bellamy's face fell, "That McCreary guy," he said, "he took her and the pilot. Probably to torture her so they can launch the missiles."

"That's not going to happen," Clarke informed Bellamy, almost certain that she could stop this.

"What are you talking about?"

"We are going to get Madi to Wonkru," she asserted, "and surrender."

Bellamy looked at Clarke with utter disbelief, "What about my sister? She'll kill Madi on sight."

"Bellamy..." Clarke didn't want to have to go there.

"You left me to die because of Madi and now you are going to walk her towards her own death sentence?" Bellamy remarked as confusion and sorrow filled his mind.

"Bellamy, Diyoza sent Echo to kill Octavia."

Bellamy felt crushed, he had already known this information, but he was sure that Octavia would survive this.

"You're sending your daughter into a war because you think my ex-girlfriend is going to succeed at killing my sister?" Bellamy didn't know what to feel. It was like his world was crumbling and everyone he loved was coming right down with it.

"Bellamy... I'm sorry," Clarke professed, moving closer so that they would almost touch.

"Clarke," he uttered, staring into her beautiful eyes, "You were always the one that would tell me she's okay."

Clarke watched his broken face, feeling as if her own disbelief had betrayed him, "It's okay," she whispered, pulling him into a hug that she hoped would last forever, "She'll be okay."

But Clarke wasn't sure if she believed that or if she even wanted to.

***
Somewhere Along the Journey to Shallow Valley

The spy crept slowly through Blodreina's tent. After taking out the two guards planted firmly outside, she was ready to make her kill.

She appeared by Blodreina's bedside, slowly drawing her sword.

Octavia's eyes crept open, landing on the singular person she hated most in the world and her instinct forced her up.

They were face to face now, the spy had taken a step back, clearly startled by Octavia's awakening.

"Once a traitor, always a traitor," Octavia smiled, deviously, "You've come to kill me, haven't you?"

Echo drew her sword, the tip just barely touching Octavia's stomach, "Don't take it too personally," she held Octavia's glare, "The guards outside are down and the rest of Wonkru is asleep," Echo smirked, "You could scream, but you'd already be dead before anyone could save you."

Octavia's smile never once faltered. She took a step closer to Echo and the sword pushed farther into her stomach. Octavia was blind to the pain, it was almost like a drug to her, "My brother would never approve," Octavia said, her hand reaching towards the sword, "but let me guess, you've already lost him? He couldn't keep you around long enough after he found out his precious princess was still alive."

Octavia had hit Echo's sore spot, so she went for the sword, but Echo was one step ahead of her, maintaining the weapon and turning so the sword was against Blodreina's neck and Echo was behind her.

"Clever girl," Octavia noted, placing her hands around the sword so that she could force it out of Echo's grasp.

The blade cut into Octavia's hand and blood enveloped the weapon, but she wouldn't let go. This was not how she would die.

"Did you know," Echo whispered into Octavia's ear, "that your brother hates you so much he didn't even try to stop me."

Echo tightened her grip, pulling the sword closer and closer to Octavia's neck, "In fact," she stated, "he practically begged me to kill you."

Octavia wouldn't let these words end her, "You're lying." She insisted as the sword cut deeper into her hands.

"Am I?" Echo asked.

But Octavia wouldn't get a chance to answer that, because she had used her body to forcefully hit Echo, causing her to lose balance and Octavia now had control of the weapon.

Echo fell backwards onto the ground and Octavia spun around holding the sword against Echo's chest.

Echo looked around, searching for anything she could use to her advantage, "Please," she pleaded with Octavia, "I'm only doing this for Bellamy."

"What are you talking about?" Octavia questioned, certain that Bellamy wouldn't actually want Echo to off his own sister.

Echo looked up at Blodreina, "If you die, Bellamy gets to live."

The voice inside Octavia's head was telling her not to believe a word this bitch had to say, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just kill you right now."

Echo slowly sat up, the sword following her movements, "Because," she responded, "I can help you get into the camp."

Octavia examined Echo. She no longer seemed like she was pleading for her life. Maybe she was telling the truth.

Once Echo was positive that Blodreina would maybe spare her life, she stood up and mainted all eye contact with Octavia, making sure to show no sign of weakness, "Then we can win the war and save Bellamy."