For Blodreina

It could have been peaceful, Bellamy thought as he held on to his dying sister. Eligius would have surrendered. They were surrendering, but instead McCreary shot Octavia.

No matter whether they were here for their Heda or Blodreina, Wonkru lifted their weapons and attacked because they all knew what Octavia had to sacrifice to keep them alive.

And they wouldn't let her die in vain.

"For Blodreina!" Indra screamed before charging at the prisoners.

"For Blodreina!" Wonkru echoed, a war breaking out that could've been prevented. But peace is never easy.

Bellamy had to get Octavia to safety. He had to find Clarke.

He stood up while carrying Octavia and the shooting seemed to momentarily stop as he walked her off of the battle field, searching for the one person who might be able to save his sister.

The ship.

He checked every room, still clinging onto Octavia's dying body, until he found Clarke, next to her mother, chained to the wall with a shock collar around her neck.

"Bellamy." Clarke was relieved to see him, but then her eyes landed on Octavia and Bellamy's expression told her everything she needed to know.

Bellamy gently placed Octavia down and then ran towards Clarke, gripping the chains around her wrists, trying to untangle them.

"No." Clarke told him, looking towards her mom. "She can help Octavia more than I can."

Bellamy nodded and then headed towards Abby. Once she was free, Abby rushed to Octavia's side with no sign on hesitation, even after their time spent in the bunker.

"What happened?" Abby asked as Bellamy tried to get Clarke out of the chains, eventually using his sword to separate them.

"McCreary shot her." Bellamy explained, "Just a few minutes ago, below her chest."

Abby nodded, tying her jacket around the wound to stop the bleeding. "We can't do this here. We need to get to my medical supplies."

Clarke watched as Bellamy reached for Octavia once again, pulling her into his arms. His panic was so obvious and heart breaking that Clarke knew he would never get over the loss of his sister.

Through all they had been through together, Clarke has never seen him go to the lengths for someone that he does for Octavia.

"Show me the way." He said as his sister's blood covered his clothing and hands.

They made it to Abby's medical room and she instantly started to operate on Octavia.

Bellamy stood by, impatiently waiting for some sort of answer. But Clarke couldn't just ignore the gunshots outside. Her daughter was there.

"Bellamy," Clarke said, reaching her hand out so that he could focus on something else besides whether Octavia was going to live or die. "We need to stop this."

Bellamy looked between Octavia and Clarke. He knew that Madi was still on that field and he promised that he would protect her. "I know." He answered, not allowing himself to break that promise again, "What do we need to do?"

***
Bellamy followed Clarke's orders and headed to the ships control room while Clarke made her way to where the battle was. Where Madi was.

She ran towards the exit waiting for her signal.

Come on, Bellamy.

Right on cue, the alarm system went off. Thank you, Bellamy. Clarke thought before she walked onto the battle field that used to be her home.

She eyed the mess, her heart breaking at the death that had enveloped the peaceful Valley. Wonkru outnumbered the Eligius men heavily, and the casualties were proof of that.

Her heart began racing. Where was Madi or her friends? Did they even make it here? Are they okay?

Clarke found McCreary laying on the ground, dead. She almost sighed in relief. Eligius no longer had a leader, which means they would need one now if they wanted to survive.

As these thoughts crowded her mind, she barely noticed that everyone was staring at Clarke, looking to her for some sort of answer.

She just stood silent. Clarke couldn't give them any answers until she found her own answer.

Finally, she sees Madi close to the rover with Raven and the rest of Clarke's friends.

They sprinted towards each other and Clarke couldn't wait to put her arms around Madi and ensure that she was really there.

Somehow, through all the death and pain that these past few weeks have caused them, they still managed to smile in each other's embrace.

Clarke brought her hands up and whispered "I'm sorry," before saying those magic words that she hoped she wouldn't regret.

Madi pulled out of the hug, reaching for her neck, shock plastered across her face.

But it was too late.

Clarke already had the flame.