May We Meet Again

Clarke's eyes fluttered open, settling on Bellamy whose arm was still wrapped around her waste.

She smiled, taking in this perfect moment before everything would change.

Bellamy's eyes opened and he returned her smile. Seeing his smile made her feel warmth and at home.

"Hey," Clarke said, tracing her fingertips along his chest.

"Hey," Bellamy replied back, turning to face her, "Princess."

Clarke could feel her heart flutter. They were so close and they were together, finally.

Bellamy leaned in for a kiss, almost as if he knew it might be their last.

"We have to go." Clarke informed him, pulling out of the kiss before anything else could happen, again.

Bellamy and Clarke quickly got dressed and headed out of the tent to see Wonkru getting prepared for the day ahead of them.

Octavia, Indra, and Madi were huddled around a map discussing battle tactics when Clarke and Bellamy walked up to them.

"Great," Madi said, looking up at Clarke for only a second, "You're here. We need to discuss the plan."

Clarke was taken aback by Madi. She knew that the Flame would give Madi some sort of knowledge and power over everyone, but she was talking to Clarke like she was just another one of her followers.

"The walk back to Shallow Valley is about an hour away," Madi told Clarke, pulling her to the side. "I need you and Bellamy to take the rover and make sure Echo's information was right before we walk into a massacre."

Clarke looked to Bellamy, thankful he didn't hear the part about Echo, "Are you sure?"

"Yes," Madi stated, "You'll be safest in the rover... with Bellamy."

Clarke nodded, feeling nauseous thinking about Madi leading an army without Clarke by her side to protect her.

"Look at me," Clarke said, grabbing Madi's hand, "I know that there are voices inside of your head telling you what to do, but you need to promise me to never lose sight of what's in here," she declared, placing her hand on Madi's heart.

"I love you so much." Clarke proclaimed to Madi, "And I know that with you leading these broken people, we will finally get peace."

Madi's steady face finally fell as she joined Clarke in one final embrace, summing up the years of memories they have created with hopefully more to come. "I love you too."

They parted ways, Clarke and Bellamy heading to the rover and Madi heading towards her war.

***
Clarke decided to be the one to drive the rover, she needed to be in charge of something or else her head might explode.

They headed towards Shallow Valley and both were unsure of what to say. Clarke couldn't keep her mind off of Madi and Bellamy couldn't keep his mind off of Clarke.

"She's going to be okay." Bellamy asserted, breaking the silence, "We'll all be."

Bellamy wanted to stop the rover and just hold her. He wanted her to know that they would get through this together and would live to see tomorrow.

Clarke began to speed up, "You don't know that."

"Yes I do." He stated, his voice louder than usual. "She's the commander. That girl has more power in her fingertips than we could ever imagine."

"That girl," Clarke uttered harshly, "is my daughter."

As the conversation began to heat up, Clarke's speed grew faster and faster. Her mind was consumed with horrendous thoughts that couldn't be tamed by speed or small talk.