The Space Between Us

Warning: The Following Chapter Contains Content That May Be Inappropriate For Young Readers

***
Bellamy and Clarke sat huddled around a fire, taking in their final moments before the war tomorrow.

"How are you doing?" Clarke asked, trying to ease the obvious tension.

"I just watched my sister murder my girlfriend who was willing to let all of my friends die to make sure I was okay." Bellamy spat, "How do you think I'm doing?"

He immediately regretted it when he saw Clarke's hurt and bewildered expression, "I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize." She clarified, her voice filled with sorrow, "I know what it feels like to lose everything you've ever cared about."

Bellamy's head turned up instinctively, feeling the weight of regret crush over him once again, "I never wanted to leave you, Clarke."

Clarke felt as if she could break down all over like she used to, especially on the nights she had nightmares, "Bellamy, if this is the last time we get to talk-"

"Don't."

Clarke frowned, frustrated, "We can't keep stopping this conversation from happening. I need to tell you this."

"No," Bellamy uttered, "It's my turn to talk."

She resisted the urge to runaway once she heard his words. This was the moment that her entire life would change, and she knew it.

"I loved Echo," he told her, "I really did, but that is nothing compared to what I feel for you now and always." Bellamy leaned closer to Clarke, wanting to touch and her and fill the space between them.

"Leaving you behind was the worst feeling I have ever endured," Bellamy declared, telling Clarke the words she yearned to hear for 2,199 days, "And I never want to lose you again. I can't lose you again."

Everything started to fall into place. It was like the 7 years that they had known each other didn't make sense until now. The words. The emotions. The heartbreak. The relationships. It all lead up to this moment when they were able to be completely together.

"Bellamy Blake," Clarke voiced, "When this is all over and done, I want to spend every day of my life knowing you."

Clarke and Bellamy smiled at each other, the kind of smile that was soft and lasting, with tears threatening to overtake.

Bellamy's hands traveled up to Clarke's face and pulled her in as they fell into one another's embrace.

Their lips met and time had stopped. The kiss was intense, six years in the making and felt like it could last forever.

Clarke pulled back, suddenly unsure of herself, "Are you sure this is what you want? Even after everything that has happened."

Bellamy wrapped his arms around her, picking her up from the waist, "This," he said, kissing Clarke once more, "is everything I could possibly want and need right now."

He carried her to his tent hurriedly, but they couldn't keep their hands off of each other.

Bellamy laid her down, gently taking his shirt off as she reached for her own, pulling it over her head so that they both revealed their bare chest.

Bellamy took Clarke in, "You're so beautiful," he voiced, speechless at this amazing girl in front of him, speechless that he could finally call Clarke his.

Clarke smiled and grabbed Bellamy's hand, pulling him into her and kissing his neck, desperately as she made her way down, slowly unbuttoning his pants in the process.

From the moment they met each other on that drop ship, Bellamy knew that this girl would mean something. He just didn't know at the time that she was his other half or that Clarke Griffin was the only soul in this world that could complete him.

Everything they did was slow, building up to that final moment when the two halves would finally come together.

Clarke pushed him over, taking charge as she often likes to do and placed her body on top of Bellamy's, kissing him softly until they finally became one.

And at last, they were home.

***
Only 4 more chapters left! See you guys Tuesday!

**Don't worry, after the story is over, I still will post a few extra surprises**