》2. She's your bodyguard《

Chapter 2: She's your bodyguard

The next morning Felix had summoned me bright and early at 8am, much to my dismay.

Saturday was my lazy day. Every day of the week except Saturday, I'd get up at the crack of dawn and go on my morning jog. My days would be full with taking my online classes, checking up on HQ and training because as much as I loved being lazy, I knew I had to stay in shape.

Saturday was also the day I dedicated to Travis and Dylan; we would all spend time together and have fun. So when Dylan saw me up and early in the morning about to leave, he questioned me.

"Vivi, where are you going? Today is Sat-Saturday isn't it?" His lips dipped into a cute frown.

"Yes it is, Dyl, but I need to go somewhere. I promise I'll be quick and then we can have fun, okay?" I assured him as I placed a bowl of cereal down on the table in front of him.

"Oh, okay," he sighed sadly and I felt a pang of guilt.

I ruffled his hair. "Chin up, no need to be sad, munchkin. Wake Travis up soon and you both can have usual Saturday breakfast. I'll see you soon."

I kissed his cheek, grabbed a coco-pops breakfast bar and scurried out the door, hearing him faintly say bye.

Once in HQ, I made my way down to the specialist conference room where meetings were held with groups that were specially assigned together from all the departments for a mission. As I walked in, I saw a few people already sat down. Devin and Jake from the techs were here, Jessica from the combats, the heads of both techs and combats and Sebastian.

Seb smiled at me as I sat next to him. "Morning, Cupcake."

I smiled. "Hey."

Felix stood in front of the and the briefing began.

By the end of the two hour meeting, I knew everything I had to. Devin, Jake, Jessica and Sebastian were my specialised team and although they'd be coming with me, they would be working behind the scenes of this operation. I, however, would be right up in the front lines, living in the Reece's home and be guarding the house but mainly the son. I discovered that Aiden Matthew Reece was a 18 year old in high school. I hope we got along well because we will be seeing a lot of each other, what with me staying in his house and going to the same school as him.

I was going as a family friend who is spending her last few months of sixth form abroad in New York on an exchange programme. If anyone asked, I was from London and I wanted to check out the universities in New York. It was nothing out of the ordinary as we wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

The team I'd been set up with would be working with the New York Headquarters. However, instead of being in the New York HQ, they'd be setting camp in a hotel near the Reece's home where they'd be able to watch and monitor everything. While I'll be on the inside, they'd be on the outside getting as much information as they possible could with the help of Devin and Jake. Sebastian and Jessica were there just in case immediate backup was needed.

"When do we leave?" I asked.

"Early tomorrow morning," Felix replied.

I nodded. I had become accustomed to leaving instantly when needed in assignments and I didn't bother questioning it.

"I'll see you later," Sebastian said after Felix had dismissed us.