chapter fourteen

Maddie
I opened my eyes, seeing a blurred figure standing above me.
I felt them trying to take my shorts off and fully awoke.
"Brendan?" I croaked.
He smirked at me. "Shhhh" he said, trying once again to remove my shorts.
I pushed his hand away. "Stop it." I said firmly.
But he persisted, trying harder than before.
"Brendan stop it!" I yelled, struggling to get away from him.
In a flash, Draco had Brendan pinned against the wall, and I realised the situation.
"Oh my god..." I whispered under my breath, feeling tears filling my eyes.
I quickly buttoned my shorts back up and scanned the room for my shirt, failing to stop the tears from falling.
I heard a crack, and snapped my head up to see Brendan on the floor, blood pouring from his nose.
I then noticed Draco sitting beside me.
"Are you ok?" He whispered.
I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to stop the tears. After a few seconds, I shook my head, and let out a cry.
He pulled me into a hug quickly, and I hugged him back.
I then pulled away, frowning at him.
"It was Millicent wasn't it? The girl you were talking about in your letter." I asked shakily.
He shook his head.
"Then who?" I asked, rubbing away tears that had started to fall slower.
"No one." He said quietly.
I furrowed my brows at him.
"I made it up. I only broke up with you because....well...." He said rubbing the back of his neck.
"Get on with it." I said impatiently.
He said nothing, but simply rolled up his left sleeve, exposing a black skull and snake, inked into his forearm.
My hand immediately covered my mouth in shock.
"Draco..." I whispered.
"I was protecting you. I have to fulfill a serious task by the end of the year, and if I don't he'll kill my family." He said, looking at the floor as his eyes welled up with tears.
I lifted his chin so he was looking at me again, and slowly pressed my lips to his.
Pulling away, I smiled. "I'm here for you Draco. Please, let me help you." I pleaded.
But he simply chuckled. "I'm the one who's supposed to be comforting you right now." He said gesturing towards Brendan who was passed out on the floor.
"You didn't answer me Draco." I said seriously.
He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "We can be together." He said slowly.
I smiled.
"But!" He interrupted before I could say anything. "You can't help me ok? You have to do everything I say so you can stay safe." He looked at me with pleading eyes.
I leaned my forehead against his. "Okay." I whispered, pressing my lips to his again.
"Seriously?" Pansy said from behind us.
I jumped away from Draco, blushing.
"Holy shit what happened?!" Blaise yelled motioning towards Brendan.
"He was trying to....do things. To Maddie." Draco replied through grit teeth.
"You should probably take him to the hospital wing." Pansy said rushing to my side and grabbing my hand.
"Absolutely the hell-" Draco started to growl.
"Yeah." I said quietly before he could finish.
He looked over at me and nodded reluctantly.
"Even though he's an absolute slimy git, we can't leave him here." I continued quietly.
Blaise quickly scooped up Brendan and motioned for Pansy to come with him.
She squeezed my hand one more time before she left, and then followed Blaise.
We sat in silence for a few seconds before I thought about how badly Draco made me feel when he broke up with me. And for nothing? That prat.
I stood up suddenly, whipping my head towards Draco.
"Do you know what you did to me Malfoy?!" I yelled at him.
His eyes went wide. "Umm..... What?" He asked, confused.
"You made me so angry and upset! Why the hell would you do that?? Even if it was to protect me I could have helped you through this!" I yelled through grit teeth, collapsing on the couch and closing my eyes.
"You broke me." I whispered, feeling tears slide down my cheeks.
"Maddie...I- I just didn't want you to get hurt." Draco's voice cracked, and I opened my eyes to see he was crying too.
"Well I did." I whispered again.
"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." He said grasping my hand in his.
"From now on, it's us. Together. Okay?" I said quietly.
"Of course." He whispered, pulling me into a hug, but when we finally pulled apart, I could see worry in his eyes.
Draco
When I pulled away from Maddie, I instantly regretted my decision. No matter how bad I wanted to be with her, I would never forgive myself if she got hurt.
"Hey..... Don't worry okay? I'll be fine. We'll get through this together." Maddie reassured seeing my worried look. She gave my hand a squeeze, and I smiled.
"Merlin did I miss you." I mumbled, touching our lips gently.
She smiled against the kiss, and gave a noise of agreement before pulling away.
I frowned before looking up to see an awkward looking Blaise hovering in the doorway.
I sighed. "What Blaise?"
"Headmaster wants to see you." He nods.
I shook my head before standing up. "I'll be right-" I started, turning to Maddie.
"Maddie too." Blaise interrupted.
"Oh." I grumbled.
Maddie reluctantly stood up and followed me out of the common room.
Reaching the Headmasters office, I whispered the password and started up the stairs. I lifted my hand to knock on the door, but hesitated. Sighing I ran a hand through my hair, knowing that if I was expelled my father would make sure I got back in and I had nothing to worry about. I felt a hand slip into mine, and saw Maddie push past me, knocking on the door.
"Come in." Said a voice from inside.
I opened the door to see Dumbledore sitting behind his desk. Brendan a few feet away.
I glared at him and grasped Maddie's hand firmly into my own. Pulling her closer to my side, I walked around the prat and sat in between him and Maddie.
"Hello Draco, Maddie. Let's discuss." Dumbledore nodded.
Ok so yeah that was a pretty serious chapter as you can tell. Anyway please voteeee and I hope you're enjoying.