Continuation of Breaking Dawn: Receptionist

Nessie POV

OMG! I couldn't believe that they were doing this. It wasn't like I needed to go to school. They had already said I would know everything. So why did I need to go? Human experiences.

Are you actually joking me 'human experiences' I had thought? Of course I thought they were joking. But no they weren't. Never mind the fact that I was some strange frickin' hybrid. I still couldn't even control myself at the sight or thought of blood.

Ugh, my throat burned dully. This was so infuriating.

"Just don't think about it," My dad said, encouragingly.

"Get out of my head" I hissed straight back. He knew better than to read my thoughts when I was this annoyed and upset. I was going to kill someone.

I felt a calming wave and looked over gratefully, even giving a weak smile, at Jasper. I was just worked up. And stressed and annoyed and upset.

Deep breaths I thought and just concentrated on that. In no time at all, we reached the school.

We went straight into the office and Alice introduced us all to the bored looking receptionist who kept her head pressed down towards her paperwork.

"We're the new kids, you know?" Alice pressed, "The Hales, Cullens and Blacks."

With that the receptionist looked up and handed us our timetables. But when she saw us she gasped looking straight at my dad!! I almost rolled onto the floor in hysterics but I tried to make my laughing look like I was coughing rather unsuccessfully.

And then we all heard her heartbeat speed up as she appraised us. It would have been entertaining but it made me remember my thirst and I tensed to spring. I was suddenly so thirsty.

But my mom's hands were on my shoulders restraining me and holding me back. With inhuman strength her and Jasper shoved me out the room, the others trying to distract the receptionist from noticing my strange behaviour.

I was so embarrassed, I mean Jasper of all people? He was meant to be the one who had problems controlling himself.

"It will get easier, I promise" my mum whispered into my ear once I was back in control, "She did smell good after all."

"Just keep in control all the time" Jasper offered, "Keep focusing. We will stay close by today. "

Oh crap. We were going to stay here?

The others caught up with us soon all telling me that it wasn't my fault and don't worry and it will be okay and we trust you. Lies. I knew they were lying if they trusted me they would leave me on my own.

I knew that it might not be okay, if I killed someone then that would be it. I wondered how many more we would have to kill so we didn't spill the secret. Would we just kill whoever saw? Or burn the school, the bodies pretend that was what killed them?

And most of all, I knew that the receptionist was only alive because I was laughing so hard. If I'd been a tiny fraction of a second quicker...

I shuddered; I did not want to imagine myself drinking her.