Meeting The Lads

"They're going to hate me." I said walking with my best friend Michael Clifford to meet the rest of his friends.

Michael was my first friend since I moved from New York to Australia and I'm not in the mood to screw things up.

"Eliza," Mikey began, "don't worry. They're very lame so it'll be easy. We're here! Calum Hood's house where everyone awaits!"

I take a deep breath and say, "I'm ready. It's only the biggest rock band in the world! No worries." I close my eyes and pretend I'm in my art studio and it's just another person to paint. Easy. "Let's go."

"Great!" He takes my arm and runs me through the door and screams, "She's here!"

Then at once Luke Hemmings, Calum Hood, and Ashton Irwin come running from the kitchen, I suppose, and stand in a straight line before us.

"Guys," Michael begins, "this is Eliza!"

"Nice to meet you, Eliza." Ashton said bowing.

Calum nudges him and apologizes, "Sorry about him. I'm Calum." Calum looks at my hair and says happily, "Finally, I won't be the only non blonde!"

Luke steps forward and greets himself, "And I guess I'm Luke."

Ashton looks at Michael and says, "We were shocked when he said he met a girl that's a friend. We thought he was halucinating."

I laugh and say, "Seems like something he would say if he got hit by a bus."

The boys' laugh and Michael says, "Enough about me and what do you guys want to do?"

Luke thinks and suggestes, "Music store?" Luke looks over to me and says, "Only if you want to. Can you play anything?"

I nod, "Guitar, piano, and drums."

Ashton smiles and yells, "YES!"

Calum looks down and asks, "No bass?"

"Sorry, but no. You can always teach me." I suggest.

Michael opens the door and says, "Next stop: music store!"

We pile into Luke's car and we drive to the music not too far from where Calum lives.

***

"Not too bad." Luke said sitting next to me as I fiddle with the guitars.

I blush and say, "Thanks, I've been playing since I was eleven so almost seven years of practice really pays off in the future."

Luke smiles and asks, "So how did you and Mikey meet?"

"I just moved here so as I was unpacking I decided that I want to check this town out! I mean it's Australia! Then I found myself at some coffee shop and Michael asks he can sit with me and I said yes! So we talked and laughed, but we found ourselves more like brother and sister instead of boyfriend and girlfriend. Not an extravagant story! No aliens, no storm troopers, and no zombies."

"Simple and funny. Have you heard of the band Boys Like Girls?"

"Yes! Love them so much!" I said freaking out about how much I listen to those guys.

Luke laughs and says, "Good, because can you play Hero/Heroine by them?"

"Never tried." I said smirking.

Luke teaches me how to play the chorus and before he got to anything else Calum comes in asks, "Eliza, ready for the bass?"

I look at Luke and he gives me that go-or-he-won't-shut-up look to me and I get up, put the guitar away and follow Calum to the basses.