0.7

jack glances at himself in the mirror, running a hand through his messy curls that sat on top of his head, loosely framing his face. jack could feel his stomach bubble with anxiety. this was his first party since freshman year, which was partially the reason he hated parties.

grabbing his keys off the nightstand jack takes one last glance at himself, smoothing out his nirvana shirt.

"where're you going?" ava curiously questions, when she walked up the stairs to her room. she raises a brow at her brother.

"to a friends. be back later." he simply says, walking past ava, who rolls her eyes at her brother.

it didn't take long for jack to arrive at zach's, who was sat waiting outside, his phone in his hand and a smirk on his lips when saw jack's headlights beam in his eyes. zach stands up from the porch, his hand held over his eyes, as he made his way to the passenger door of jack's car.

jack looks over to zach, who was wearing a yellow tee shirt paired with black jeans and instead of his usual vans he wore a pair of white converse. jack wouldn't admit this to zach or even himself, but zach looked breathtaking, with his hair gelled down, and a pair of glasses on his face that obviously were fake. jack glanced down his body, biting his lip slightly.

what the fuck.

jack shakes his head, pushing those unnecessary thoughts away. he starts the car, the pair silent on the ride there.

"you look nice." zach's deep voice brought jack out of off his own little world. the elder one of the two, blushing, his cheeks flaming red at zach's words.

jack doesn't say anything, squeezing the steering wheel. his heart thumped in his chest, his stomach swirling with anxiety.

"why are you going to corbyn's party?" jack questions braking the silence between the two.

it takes a moment for zach to answer, trying to come up with a rational reason why.

"i never miss a party," he widely grins, what caught jack off guard was zach's hand that rose up his thigh, making his squeeze the steering wheel tighter, his breath hitching at the simple action. "tonight's gonna be fun." he smirks deviously, licking his lips. jack lets out a shaky breath, his mind swirling with thoughts he's been trying to push away.

"stop," jack snaps pulling zach's hand away from him. the younger boy doesn't seemed fazed by the harshness of jack's tone, staring at him in boredom. "you don't get to act like we are good. i should've listened to jonah." he scoffs shaking his head.

jack pulls into the driveway of corbyn'a where cars were parked up and down the road. corbyn was lucky he didn't live in town, or he'd have the cops called on him .

zach gets out the car, slamming the door shut. he makes his way inside stomping off like the child he acted like most of the time.

"i told you." jonah sing songs, his arm around tatum, who smacks jonah's arm lightly, staring up at him.

"is daniel here?" jack questions, seeing as daniel was the only person who wasn't mad at him.

jonah nods his head, walking away from jack. jack could sense his friend lied earlier when he said he wasn't mad at him, it was clear he was.

jack makes his way inside, pushing past the bodies that lingered in the entryway. he heard his name being called in a direction he couldn't find. when the person touches his shoulder he whips around, staring at the one and only corbyn besson, who was clearly drunk and reeked of pot.

"jack avery at a party?" he questions slurring his words. he hangs an arm around his shoulder loosely, giggling. jack doesn't do anything but allow the drunk teen to hang onto him, steadying his wobbling legs.