Chapter 23

JESS:

I'm working 56 hours the next 3 weeks 6 days a weeks. Plus I have school. 6 days a week. Monday through to saturday.

And guess what I pulled my calf muscle on Saturday and I still cant walk and its tuesday, well wednesday in 1 hour since its 11:00pm right now.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

My parents are getting annoyed with my maneger, my dads like if she keeps telling you to work this much quit, you've gotta focus on school I'm just like "but i want to go overseas" :'(

ANYWAY ENJOY!!!

_______________

     Chapter 23    

________________

“I could die happy!” Sarah screamed bouncing up and down while doing a weird jig only a grandmother would do.

“What are doing?” I laughed staring at her in mortification.

“Don’t kill my mood, killjoy. I’m trying to enjoy the fact that I’m going to the flipping royal castle and the fact that my best friend is a damn princess!”

“I swear if you don’t be quiet I’m not taking you,” I warned staring out the buses window. We only had six more stops before we had to change to another bus where we’d get off on the eleventh stop.

“I still can’t get over the fact that you, the princess, went on public transport just to visit me. Why didn’t you go by taxi or buy a car or something?”

“Sarah, nobody knows about, Elle. If I got a car I wouldn’t have been able to hide it. I’d either get a bunch of parking tickets or my father would have found out and I would have been in so much trouble. No way was I putting me being Elle in risk. And riding transport is so epic! I don’t know why people complain! You get to meet all these new people, no body treats you like your important, I feel normal, plus its worth seeing you.” I said smiling and squinting my eyes while putting my chin out in the ugliest way.

“You look like a bush pig.” Sarah said bluntly.

“You flatter me.”

“Wasn’t trying to, Ugly.”

“You’re mean.”

“Boo-hoo.”

“I’m not taking you,” I said smugly crossing my arms across my chest.

 “ok, ok, I’m sorry.”

“Say it again.”

“I’m sorry oh noble one.”

“My bitch.” I smirked smugly.

“I’ll be your bitch if you take me to your castle.” She smiled angelically.

“You have to be sneaky but,” I repeated for the fiftieth time that day.

Sarah nodded and saluted me, “Eye-eye captain.”

Smiling at my crazy best friend I turned my head and gazed out the window at the passing trees.

My feet had been aching all day in the cheap ten dollar ballet flats I had purchased on sale. They were simple and beige in colour but were the worst fit imaginable.

I looked down at the rest of my outfit; ripped boyfriend jeans a white crew neck shirt and red blazer with shoulder pads. Then I looked at Sarah’s outfit, she was wearing a vintage floral skirt and a white tank top with her favourite plat formed gladiators and grey cardigan. It had taken me and hour to convince her not to come in a cocktail dress with her hair and makeup down. Even though I told her she had to be sneaky and nobody could see her but she insisted on wearing foundation and eyeliner and had even curled her brown hair.

“You’re psycho you know that.”

“What did I do?” She asked confused.

“Look at you, you did your hair and everything.”

“I’m always like this.”

“No you’re not, I didn’t even know you owned foundation. Heck, I didn’t even know you knew what it was…”

“I’m going to a flipping castle, and I feel like a hobo. You’re a killjoy.”

“Okay, how about this? Today you sneak around, only my rooms, and then after you get used to my room and I get used to the fact that you know I’m a…yea… then I’ll take you for a full on tour and you can dress up and whatever.”

“But I wanted to dress up now.” Sarah whined.

“You can raid my wardrobes how about that?” I asked.

“Wardrobes as in plural?” Sarah asked wide eyed.

I stared at her in an ‘are you serious’ sort of way, “No I only have two jeans and a shirt.”

“You’re a really sarcastic Princess.”

“Bite me.”

“A secret passage! Can this get any cooler?” Sarah shrieked as she went all giddy.

“Shut up idiot, if someone finds out about this I’m ruined.”

“Sorry.”

I glared before smiling and scoping out our surroundings before showing the way into the watch tower and through the secret passage into my room. I took Sarah’s black blindfold off and her eyes widened as soon as she saw my room.

“Oh my fucking shit, fucking, face, bitch tits!”

“What the hell are you saying Sarah?”

“I don’t even know! Your room is amazing! Who painted that?!” She asked pointing to each wall with the same Mountain View painted on but through the different seasons.

“Me.” I answered feeling self conscious for the first time in my life.

“Wow. You should sell your paintings.”

“Everyone would buy it just because I painted it, not because they like it.”

“Sell them as Elle then instead of Elise.”

“It’s not that easy Sarah, anyway come one let me show you my room.”

“What the heck! Isn’t this your room?”

“Well yea, but only you and I know about this room, this is my unofficial room. Follow me.” I said leading her out the other way of the passage and into my proper room on the third floor of the castle.

“Wow.”

“I know it’s so-“

“Epic! It looks like antiques road show took a dump in here!”

“How is that a good thing?” I asked disgusted.

“Dude it’s antiques road show, that’s shits amazing.”

“Stop swearing!”

“Let me enjoy my moment!” Sarah whined looking at everything in my room with wide, interested eyes.

“Enjoy away.”

“I intend to.” She winked jumping onto my bed.

“Oh my gosh!” She shrieked “I feel like Garfield! It’s the same style bed as well!” She laughed playing with the string that hung down beside my bed and pulling it.

“Sarah you idiot! That string is connected to a bell in the kitchen!” I yelled grabbing Sarah by the arm and pulling her towards my bathroom.

“I didn’t mean to! I didn’t know you guys were so old school! I thought there’d be an intercom or something!”

“There is, it’s near the door. But that ropes been there since the eighteen hundreds, we still used them.”

“I didn’t know!” She apologized as I gently pushed her into the bathroom.

“It’s ok Sarah, I’m not blaming you, but you’ve got to be really quiet while I make up something, If the door opens hide in that closet over there, it’s full of towels but the bottom is empty and you could fit in it. Don’t make a sound and hide.”

She nodded in understanding while I grabbed a random book from my shelf and waited patiently in bed pretending to read it.