Drunk

The last night of the school year had come too quickly.

I hadn't heard from Louis and failed two of my finals.

None of it even mattered.

I was packing my things that night one by one.

I threw out all the crumbled papers in my junk drawer and folded all of my clothes neatly.

My mom had texted me to tell me she would see me bright and early the next morning.

I looked around and took the whole room in.

The room where it all started, and ended for that matter.

I was still crying myself to sleep every single night.

Some nights I would sleep on his side of the room and act like he was in the bed with me.

He left one of his blankets behind when he moved out and the smell of him was still remnant.

Every single day I battled with myself to ignore the burning desire to call his phone.

I flipped on the televison and sat on the floor of the empty room.

I began thinking of who would live in that room the following year.

Whoever it was, I hoped their year turned out a lot better than mine.

I dug through the pile of almost empty alcohol bottles I had kept underneath the bed.

I finished off each bottle. One by one.

I ended up falling asleep on the floor wrapped in his blanket for the last time.

It was four in the morning when I awoke, still drunk.

I swore the door had just lightly shut but was unsure if that was possible.

I stood up and was dizzy and confused.

The room was empty.

I swung the door open to see if anyone was outside, the hallway was empty as well.

I turned to go back into the room and instantly froze when a folded piece of notebook paper caught my eye.

My heartbeat quickened while I reached for it.

It was folded perfectly four times, and had no words on the outside of the paper.

I unraveled each part with shaky hands.

"Harry,

        I can't do it. I can't do without you. I can't be without you. I am unable to do anything. I was wrong, I need you. I beg you to forgive what I said to you that day. I am leaving tomorrow and so are you. I can't bear the thought of never seeing you again. I know it will be hard but I will do my best to make you happy. Every single day I want you to feel the happiness that your love gives me.

Louis"

I held the paper in my hand while the ink began to run from my sweaty palms and running eyes.

I began looking for Louis frantically.

Halfway across campus, I found him.

"Lou," I called out.

He turned to face me, smiling.

I walked slowly to him.

I didn't know how to be with him in public.

Before I could say a word he held me close to him, kissing my hair.

"I'm sorry," he said over and over again.

I nodded taking in every ounce of his touch.

He kissed my lips, hard.

He held me there for a while before speaking again.

"I don't know much Harry,but I do know that I am in absolute love with you."

I just stood there inhaling him and letting my soul swim all over in his.