Run

The next morning Louis was at my door. He walked in slowly and sat on the edge of my bed. He didn't say anything. I stared at the bruises covering his face and the bloody scabs on his hands.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"I'm really sorry," was all he said.

"For?"

"I should not have blamed you. It was my fault," he looked down.

"It wasn't your fault," I defended.

"What if everyone finds out?" He changed the subject.

"Lou," I sighed in defeat.

"I can't believe this," I heard the anger is his voice peeking through.

"Do you not want to be with me anymore?" My voice was shaky.

"Harry, are you serious? All the fucking shit we've been through and you think this is gonna stop us?"

"Sorry," I muttered.

"There's nothing either of us can do at this point," he stated.

He was right.

I sat next to him and ran my fingers over the cuts below his blackened eye.

"I didn't think it was possible for you to be more attractive but you look pretty sexy all cut up," I lightened the mood.

"Oh yeah?" he smirked and pulled me onto him.

Once we were finished getting lost in each other we laid on the bed on our backs, both staring at the ceiling.

"Can't we just run away? Just me and you, not tell anyone where we're going and never come back," I dreamed out loud.

"That would be nice," he said to me.

"Why can't we?" I pondered.

"With what money?" He tried to bring me back to reality.

"I have so much in savings, we can do it Lou," I sat up in the bed to look at his face.

"What about school?" he challenged.

"Since when do you care about school?" I fired back.

"I would like a career eventually," he laughed at my insanity.

"We can do this," I was sure.

He sat up so his face could meet mine and took my face in his hands.

"I promise you that we will get away together once were done with school. I promise to you that I will give you the life you're dreaming of in your head. We can be away from everyone and anything and meet all new people. You'll be crafty and cook a nice dinner for our neighbors and I'll always get stuck doing the dishes," he imagined.

"Pinky promise?" I pouted my lips and raised my pinky in the air.

He linked his pinky around mine and pulled it towards his lips.

"Now you kiss it," he told me.

He pulled me by our fingers to place another kiss on my lips.

"You can't break a pinky promise," I whispered into his ear.

"I know," he reminded me.

Once I realized what time it was I had to head to class.

"I'll see you later?" I asked while kissing him.

He nodded.

I headed towards the bus stop with my headphones in. My mind was swimming along to the beat of the music and the thought of Louis.

It was then that I realized how hard it was to see the person you love distraught and knowing there was nothing you could do about it.

Imagining the life that Louis and I could have together was too perfect. I couldn't understand why school was stopping him. We could have moved to another state, even another country. Start over there, forgetting his family and forgetting the life he lived that was a lie.

It was then that I started to doubt his commitment to me. 

If the opportunity were actually present I would disappear with him in no time, but he held back.

It was always hard to remind myself that it was new to him, I had to learn that it was something I would always have to work with.

No matter how hard he tried to show me his love, I still doubted that we would ever be forever.

That night when I got back from class Louis was asleep and The Bachelor was on television. 

I didn't say a word, I slipped under the covers and wrapped my body around his and fell asleep too.