Hide

Once school had started again I barely had time to spend with Louis.

I was constantly working on schoolwork and he had started a job on campus to help pay for tuition.

One Saturday that we both had off he came to my room.

"To think that three school years ago I met you for the first time," he sighed while his head rest on my lap.

I was twirling my fingers into the shape of tiny circles in his hair.

"Did you expect this to happen?" He asked me.

"What do you mean?"

"Like of course I never expected to fall in love with a guy let alone the love of my life. Did you ever see this happening? Were you worried you would crush on your roommate?"

"No, I never thought this would happen. And just because I'm gay doesn't mean I would fall for any guy out there," I jokingly defended myself.

"I know, I know. I just never would have thought my college years would be spent with you," he explained.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," I said to him.

"Me either."

Every single time we made love it felt like the first time. No matter how much time went by we never lost the passion.

The way his eyes stared into me always burned right through me, no matter how many times he looked.

Our lives felt quite routine at some point.

School work, jobs, spending time together, my dorm room, the summers together.

Although it was routine I wouldn't change it.

I loved our routine, it felt safe.

It felt right.

When I look back on it, we made it through a lot.

I think that's what kept us so strong, always knowing that no matter what mistake either of us could make the power of our love was strong enough to overcome it.

I learned so much from Louis.

I think I really learned who I was. I learned about love and how essential and indescribable it really was.

The biggest irony of it all was that we were the best kept secret.

It never made sense how something larger than the two of us was so well hidden.

The biggest and best part of my life was loving Louis, but no one knew about it.