Drop

The summer was incredible. We weren't fighting over little things anymore.

I always took "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" to heart with him.

No matter what we had gone through, we made it out tougher. I learned to work on letting my anger out in healthy ways. It wasn't fair to Louis or I to keep all of it in.

We learned that mistakes were going to happen and we also learned that love is understanding.

Love feels a lot of emotion but she takes things in with a heavy heart.

Some might have said I was crazy. You know what? They would have been right.

Love is the craziest fucking thing on this planet. It makes you this insane version of yourself, but god damn it's beautiful.

If he taught me anything it was that love is strong.

So, so strong.

We loved so hard and changed with each other constantly.

That summer together really put things into perspective for us.

My favorite day of the summer was one where we went to the beach together.

He told me he was never much of a beach person and I wasn't surprised.

We laid down our towels and he pulled out small speakers and his old fashioned iPod.

He laughed at me for bringing a cooler full of snacks and drinks, but he enjoyed every last one.

Looking at him glowing in the sun was the most beautiful thing to me. We were covered in sand and I forced him into the ocean.

He told me he was always secretly afraid of the water.

"Because of sharks?" I asked him.

"No, it's just so big. It just goes on forever. It's intimidatiing," he laughed at himself.

I pulled him in with me and he watched in awe while I swam far out.

"Come back!" He whined.

"Come and get me!" I teased him.

He started to tread lightly in the water until he let himself go and swam over to me.

"You're a pro," I kissed his wet lips.

"It's not so bad," he admitted.

"I love it out here," I admired the sun hitting the water.

It was just simple memories like that one that always make me smile when thinking about him.

One night he had me face one of my fears when he forced me into an amusement park.

"I am not going anywhere near that," I eyed the large ride.

"Come on, it is so fun!" He tried to convince me.

I shook my head and refused.

"I'll hold your hand," he said sweetly to me.

Once I gave in we boarded the ride. My hands were sweaty and shaking but I knew with him by my side I would be alright.

The funniest part of it all was that this whole thing with Louis was one large roller coaster ride.

Being with him felt like the part of the ride where you're going up and up. I never knew how high he would take me and was always anxious and excited by his side.

Whenever he would make a mistake it felt like that huge drop, the one where your stomach goes straight through to the floor.

You scream and scream and your fall seems forever.

The huge halt at the end of the ride when it stops kind of felt similar to when we always ended up back together.

Regardless of the up and down we just had it all ended when I saw his face again.

Instantly.

The main reason our love was so much like a roller coaster? It scared the fucking shit out of me.