31. The Rekindled Fire

Michael's Point Of View:

"So look Lisa is not feeling too great the doctor said she need to rest up before she continued with this trial so save her for last." Prince tells our lawyer and Johnnie nod in agreement.

"Alright but the prosecution has her mother and ex-husband as witnesses to discredit her character so this is going to get a bit difficult..." Johnnie says and I sigh.

This whole trial seems so pointless but I can't wait to clear my name. I have put Zyan through enough and this thing between Me and Susan needs to end for the sake of our family.

"Michael I think we need to put your father on the stand to establish motive of why Ike Turner has Susan conspire against your family..." Johnnie says and I sigh.

I know opening up what I really do may open me up to more problems but with Lisa out I don't have a legit clearing witness.

"Alright Johnnie do whatever you have to do to clear Prince and My names so we can put this behind us." I say as I pray that my sure in the hole witness Lisa makes a full recovery.

"So are you ready to be a dad Nelson?" I ask Prince who seem to be smiling uncontrollably.

"I don't know Jackson like I want a child so much but what if I am not a good father?" Prince says first time Dad emotions I can relate.

"Well there's not a manual on how to be the perfect parent all you can do is be there for your kid protect them and love them and always try your damn best to provide a stable loving and good home for them and know they will love you no matter what." I say to him as we walk out of my office and head out to our separate homes.

With this trial Prince has up his security at his home and has his sisters and Mom on around the clock care for his wife. He reminds me of myself sometimes with the things he do.

"Hey I am taking Zyan out tonight for a little us time if you want you can help my Mother and Lucinda with the kids. Lisa is already there resting still you two can get a bit of practice in." I say as we leave the office.

"Well that may help I'll think about it Jackson I was planning on finding some time to spend with Lisa..." He says and I chuckle.

"Yeah get as much time as you can because things change before, during, and after pregnancy..." I say trailing thinking about how things changed between Zyan and I and how I hope this date tonight will reawaken our spark.

"Jackson know that Zyan although hurt by your confusing actions with my sister has never stopped loving you and the crazy thing was she kept talking about how y'all love life used to be. I think you need to recapture that, especially this date you guys had a picnic or something like that anyway later Jackson I have a pregnant wife to see." Prince says leaving in his direction.

I nod and head into mine remembering the date that Prince mentioned, it was our first date and it was not going so well. I had just murder my first person and it was gut-wrenching and Zyan had found out about her sister's proposal to that piece of shit Matthew.

So we both were in no mood to be on a date but the funny thing is we didn't want to be rude to each other. It wasn't until I took her to this beautiful spot where it overlook the whole city and we sat down and I remember I had food from the picnic I wanted to originally do.

I arrive back at Hayvenhurst we have been spending so much time here at my parents and I feel a bit guilty though my mother enjoys it a lot.

"Daddy!!!" Nia yells as she runs up to me.

"Da-Da Da-Da..." Duke soon follows behind my princess Nia as he stumbles over to me walking and my eyes tears up a bit, my baby boy is really walking.

"Don't cry daddy look mommy and me taught Duke how to walk...." Nia says hugging me and her brother and I hold back the rest of my tears I literally love my family with every breath in me.