Chapter Five ; boXed in

While in reality, it was less than a few hours, the waiting for their friends and family felt like days. When they got back to the HQ, Lainey immediately went to rush to the monitoring room to check for any updates, but at the moment she stepped inside the headquarters, she knew something bad had happened.

Chaos would probably be the best way to describe what was happening around her.

People she didn't recognize filled the building's halls, looking lost and desperate. She saw Shatter handing out blankets and pillows, somewhat trying to calm down the new refugees, but it didn't seem like he was doing a very good job at it.

"Woah, what happened here?" Lauren said once she and Andy joined Lainey's side, frowning at the crowded room.

"I have no idea, I'm going to find Sage," Lainey replied, wasting no time and leaving the siblings to find Sage. Just as Lainey hoped, she found her in the monitoring room, watching and manning the scanners.

"Sage, what's going on?" Lainey questioned the woman with the short hair. "Who are those people?"

"Refugees," Sage answered shortly, focusing her attention on the screens in front of her, "Seems like you really managed to piss off the Sentinel Service. They raided every place there were even suspected mutant sympathizers,"

That was not good.

Slightly starting to panic, Lainey brushed a hand through her hair, "Have you heard anything from Marcos or John?"

Just as Sage opened her mouth to answer, a familiar voice shouted, "Help! We need help!"

Along with Sage, Lainey ran out of the room and watched from over the railing as Sonya and Clarice were staggering into the headquarters, carrying Harry over their shoulders. Lainey covered her mouth with her hand with horror when she realized his shirt was completely soaked with blood.

In seconds, the brunette girl found herself rushing downstairs towards the three.

"Go get him a table, we need to lay him down," Lainey told Clarice as she grabbed hold of Harry's arm, instantly remembering what John and Marcos had done when Clarice had gotten sick and lost conscious. Nodding, Clarice harried to find a nearby table. Once they had place Harry on a table, Sonya took a clean piece of cloth and pressed it against his stomach, where his injury was.

People started to gather around the four, trying to see what all the noise was about, but they were held back by Sage.

"He was shot by the Sentinel Service," Sonya informed Lainey, putting more pressure against the bleeding wound.

"What about the others? Are they okay?" Lainey asked Sonya and Clarice.

"I think so," Clarice answered, "I saw Caitlin getting them out so they should be on their way here right now. Lorna and Reed are with them,"

Lainey let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, finally feeling somewhat relieved. She didn't know if anyone else was hurt, but at least they had gotten out of there. At least they managed to finally free Lorna and Reed from the Sentinel Service. All she could do now was to wait.

Harry groaned loudly as Sonya tried to calm him down, his condition obviously getting worse. Lainey winched visibly as Sonya grabbed another piece of cloth and revealed the wound again, feeling a shiver running down her spine as she saw the blood.

Sonya—noticing the look on Lainey's face—gave her a comforting, soft smile, "Go help the others. We got this,"

Lainey didn't argue and nodded, walking away to find Shatter and see if she could help the new fugitives. Andy and Lauren helped, too, by giving pillows and blankets to whoever was in need.