Chapter 10

Jughead was in the bar holding a serpent meeting the next day when Betty came down and started to get some lunch. Jughead smiled when he saw her sitting in a booth. When he finished the meeting he made his way over to her and sat next to her, his arms coming around her. "Hey you" he smiled and kissed her. "Hi juggie" she said. "You doing okay?" He asked. "Yeah, I was just hungry" she smiled. "I can see that" he laughed and picked up the carrot sticks on her plate and took a bite. "What shall we do today?" Betty asked. "We need to go grocery shopping" Jug said. "Urgh" Betty whined. "I know, you hate it but I'll make it up to you when we come home" he smirked.

"Jughead Jones we don't need all this!" Betty said sternly when she saw jughead had placed loads of junk food in their shopping cart. "But bettyyyy" he whined like a small child. "Wow I didn't know I was going to have two children soon" she said, with fake annoyance. "Sorry" he grinned and kissed her softly. They were walking through the aisles when a man approached Betty. "Well well well, I didn't believe it at first but you really are a serpent Slut" Betty whipped around to find Chuck Clayton, the same boy who made her high school experience a nightmare. "What the hell did you just say?!" Jughead yelled, pushing Betty behind him and getting in chucks face. "You knocked her up? Why? Look at her!" Jug sneered. "Shut. The. Hell.up" Jug said and punched chuck in the jaw causing him to stumble back before cursing and leaving. "Are you okay?" Jug said pulling Betty into his arms. "Are you? Juggie your hand!" Betty said, taking in his bruised knuckles. "I'm okay, you shouldn't have to deal with that" jug said. "Let's just pay and go home" Betty asks grabbing his hand.

"What happened to you?!" Sweetpea said when the couple walked back into the bar; Betty went to get some ice. "Punched a guy" Jug said. "Why!?" Toni said. "Called Betty a slut, he was someone she went to school with, one of the reasons she left" Jug said, trying to control his anger. "Is Betty okay?" FP asked. "I think so, but pregnancy has made her really insecure and she already struggles enough as it is" Jug sighed. "She just needs time Son" FP assured. Betty came back and handed jughead the ice for his hand and then excused herself to a table. "Betts, Hey, what's wrong?" Jug said following her. "I. I can't do this" she said, tears suddenly falling down her face. "Do what baby?" He asked. "Pretend everything's okay" she cried. "Oh baby" he said and hugged her to his chest. "Juggie? I'm so scared" she whispered. "Of what?" He asked. "Being a mom". "You're doing to be great" he said. "I need to tell you something" she said, sitting up and looking at him. "What is it?" He said, growing concerned at his wife's behaviour. "I.. I.. I did something bad" she whispered. "What did you do?" He said quietly. "You'll be mad at me" she whispered. "I promised I'd stop" she sobbed. "Sweetheart I won't be mad at you" he assured her. Betty looked at him for a moment and then held out her hands. Jughead looked down and gasped. She had harsh, red crescent marks littering her palms, all of them fresh. Jughead looked up at her, his heart breaking for her. He didn't know she was struggling this much, he should've seen her behaviour, he knew it didn't just go anyway, even if they were in haze of the news they were having a baby.

"Baby... are you hurting yourself again?"