Chapter 39

"Betts!" Jug yelled and was quick to catch her. "Hey baby, wake up" he said as he lay her on the floor. He knew she'd only fainted out of shock and she wasn't in danger so he placed his jacket in a ball on the floor for a pillow and gently lay her down. "Betts? Wake up baby" he said and her eyes flickered open. "Jug?" She Asked confused. "I'm here babe, it's okay" he said and helped her to sit up. "I want to go back to the hotel" she whispered, wiping a tear from her face. "Okay we will betts" he smiled and kissed her and helped her up, keeping an arm wrapped around her waist. Jughead explained that they were leaving and they got permission to go, they had to testify in court tomorrow but they were allowed to leave.

Back at the hotel Betty fell asleep as soon as they got back and jughead and the boys were lounging in fangs and sweets room, with the door open in case betty needed anything. "What's going to happen with Abigail?" Fangs asked. "They said they're going to watch the security footage and see if they can trace her and hopefully she'll be arrested" Jug said. "Let's hope so, let's hope we can leave New York with all of this mess behind us" Sweetpea said. "Me too then Betts can just focus on her pregnancy. I feel so bad that she hasn't been able to properly enjoy the pregnancy" Jug said, his heart aching for his wife. " and she will, We'll make sure she has the best damn pregnancy for the remaining months" fangs said. After a little more talking the boys decided to play some video games on the hotels game console.

Betty woke up to the sound of the boys trash talking each other over their game and with an amused smirk went to see what was going on. "Babe! Tell them I'm better at this game than them" Jug said when he spotted Betty. Betty didn't say anything and just took the controller from jughead, ignoring his protests and started playing against sweetpea and fangs. "Damn Betty" Sweetpea said as Betty was beating the boys. The boys watched in amazement as Betty won the round, then gave the controller back to jughead and grinned at them. Jughead just laughed and slung an arm around Betty. "That's my girl" he beamed proudly.

The rest of the day the boys spent trying to distract Betty from thinking about the horrors the trial will bring up the next day. They walked around Central Park and stopped as Betty wanted to pet every dog that came their way. They also stopped at a little Italian restaurant that reminded Betty and jughead of the one on their honey moon. Finally they spent the day doing a bit of shopping where fangs and Sweetpea found a baby leather jacket and brought it as a gift for the baby. "Now he can be cool like his uncles" Sweetpea said causing Betty and jughead to burst out laughing at the Idea of their tiny baby in a leather jacket.