Chapter 22

"Mom?"

"That's right. Well it seems like I missed the invite" Alice smirked. "Get out!" Jughead said, stepping in front of betty. "No. I came here for a reason. I need Betty" she said. "What ?!" Everyone yelled. "I need someone to retract the statement made against me" Alice said. "And why would anyone do that?! You're a psycho!"  FP said. "Because if not, I'll hurt Betty and that precious baby" Alice smiled wickedly. "Juggie..." Betty trembled. "Are we going to have a problem" Alice said and signalled for a man to come in the bar. "This is Andre. If you don't follow my orders he'll take Betty right now" she said. The bar was silent for a moment until jughead spoke. "I'll go" he said. "Jug?!" Betty said. "You need someone to retract a statement right? I made the most of them so I'll go" Jug said. Alice thought about it for a Moment. "Okay" she said. "Let's go. Now!" She said. Jughead turned to Betty and kissed her tear stained face. "I'll back before you know it baby. We need to keep you and bug safe. I love you" he said and left after Alice.

Jughead was in the back of a truck, Andre by his side and Alice up front driving. "Why are you doing this" Jug seethed. "It's what Betty deserves! Getting knocked up by a snake!" Alice sniggered. "Shut the hell up!" Jug yelled and tried to get out the car only to have Andre pull him back. Jughead punched Andre but Andre was stronger than he looked and fought back. They struggled for a moment until jughead got the upper hand and started repeatedly punching Andre. They got thrown around in the car, knocking into Alice who was driving and she slipped. The car jolted and Alice screamed as she lost control. Nobody could do anything as the car crashed into a truck and flipped over....

Back at the bar. Toni and Kevin were sat either side of Betty trying to calm her down. "Darling jug will be fine" FP said, handing her some tea. "You need to calm down for the baby's sake" he added. Betty nodded and sipped her tea. Hours passed and there was still no sign of jughead. "Where is he?!" Betty yelled. "That's it I'm going to look for him!" She said and grabbed her keys. Before anyone could follow her or before she could get to the door, two police men walked in. "I'm looking for Elizabeth Jones?" One asked. "That's me" Betty trembled. "Are you Jughead Jones next of kin?" He asked. "Yes..." she whispered. "I'm his wife" she said. "I'm so sorry to inform you but there's been an accident" he continued.  And the next words shattered her heart....

"I'm so sorry but your husbands dead"