Chapter 23

"What?" Betty whispered. No. He can't be dead. "No" she said. "I'm sorry mam" the officer said and looked over to a distraught looking FP and started talking but Betty couldn't make out anything. "Betty" FP's voice cut through the darkness. "We.. we need to go and identify the body" he choked out. Betty looked around, the serpents, the gang people were scared of were crying. Suddenly she felt the baby kicking and he hands flew to her bump. "NO!" She suddenly screamed. "NO! HE IS NOT DEAD! MY BABY WILL GROW UP WITH A FATHER!" She yelled. Everyone looked at her and their hearts broke. "Jughead. Jughead. Jughead" she kept on sobbing and her breathing got faster and faster before she collapsed. She doesn't remember what happened next but she could hear officers calling for an ambulance and a lot of screaming before everything went black.

"Family Of Elizabeth Jones?" A Nurse called and Toni, fangs and sweetpea stood up, the three of them were the only ones in and FP was going to identify the body. "That's us" fangs said. "She's okay and so is the baby we've had to put her in an induced coma but she'll wake up soon, the stress wasn't good on the baby" the nurse said before letting them into her room and then leaving. "She looks so pale" Toni whispered looking at Betty's tear stained face and puffy eyes. Then her eyes landed on Betty's Small bump which had wires hooked onto it. "What will She do when she wakes up?" Sweetpea said, everyone dreading the moment FP came back.

"right this way sir" someone said as they escorted FP into a room. It was grey and cold and there was a glass window and a curtain. "Are you ready?" They asked and FP nodded. "Okay" the doctors said and pulled back the curtain. FP couldn't look up but when he did he fell to his knees crying.

"JUGHEAD!" Betty yelled as she jolted awake. "Hey Betty, it's okay calm down" Toni said as they stood up. "Juggie...?" she asked. They just shook their heads and she burst into tears. "I.. I hope this was a dream! One big nightmare" she sobbed. "I'm so sorry Betty" Sweetpea said, wiping his eyes. "I never even got to say goodbye. My baby boy won't see his daddy! I..I.. never said I love you too when he left" she said, hyperventilating. Before anyone could say anything they were interrupted by FP. "You can tell him now" he said. "W..what?" She asked. "You can tell him you love him and he'll say it back because it wasn't him Betty" FP smiled. "It.. wasn't?" She said, her brain couldn't understand what was happening. "It wasn't him Betty. It was Andre. They got the ID cards mixed up after the accident. Jugheads at the police station giving his statement, they're putting your mom in prison" FP said. This all seemed to much for Betty and she passed out again but this time when the world was slowly turning black she felt a kick in her stomach and knew her baby was going to have a father.

{sorry for scaring you guys!😂 leave suggestions and comments💗}