Chapter 19

The day they went home they packed up and decided to explore the small town where their cabin was. "Babe? Where's your bags I'll put them in the car!" Betty yelled to jughead from where she stood by the door. Jughead came rushing out of the bedroom carrying both his bags and hers. "No betts. You're pregnant, you're not carrying our bags" he said and walked past her to the car. Betty smiled and rolled her eyes at him before she noticed that he'd left a suitcase and she picked it up and went out to him. "Betts! I said no heavy lifting" jug said sternly and took it off her. When he'd done he opened the passenger door and helped her into the truck. "And people say chivalry is dead" she giggled as she pulled him into a kiss. He just smirked and kissed her hand before shutting the door.

They drove a few miles before coming across a small town and they hopped out the truck and starting looking around. They found a few shops where Betty brought some baby clothes and jughead brought Betty some flowers. They also stopped for lunch in a little restaurant near a lake. "So we find out the gender tomorrow are you excited?" She asked as they walked hand in hand back to the truck. "I'm so excited baby" he smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. "Juggie?" She said after a few moments of silence. "Yeah betts?". She stopped walking and turned to face him, her arms resting on his chest and his hands instinctively came around her waist. "I just wanted to say thank you. For this getaway. I didn't know how bad I was coping so thank you. I love you" she said. He gave her a soft smile and kissed her lips. "You're welcome. I'm always going to look after you, I love you Baby" he said.

The drive back home was longer than they expected and Betty had fallen asleep. She was tossing and turning in the seat and jughead knew she was having a nightmare. He pulled into a fast food chain and gas station. He gently shook her and wiped the hair from her face. "Betts, baby wake up. Betts?" He said and her eyes flickered open. "Juggie?" She asked dazed. "I'm here baby girl I love you, are you okay?" He said. "Yeah, Yeah sorry bad dream, probably just tired from all the traveling" she said and he nodded and hugged her. "Shall we go grab some food sweetheart?" He asked and she nodded. Jughead pulled into the drive through and ordered some food. They sat eating in the car park. "Are you sure you don't  want a burger Betts?" He asked looking at her chicken nuggets. "Ew no. It's making me feel sick" she said, her nose scrunching up. "Oh. I'm sorry babe I forgot" he said and squeezed her hand. "It's okay, I'll take all the sickness I have too, it will be worth it when we get our bug" she grinned and placed a hand over her bump. "Totally worth it" he beamed.