Chapter 49

Over the next few days jughead and the serpents managed to control the situation with the Ghoulies and they realised that there was no major threat and the Ghoulies were just messing about; but jughead did, up the security of the Wyrm. Jughead was keeping a close eye on Betty as well, she was okay but he worried that the whole Ghoulie incident but she said she was okay.

Jughead had spent the afternoon in the bars office catching up on paperwork. He made his way into the apartment, but what he didn't expect to find was his wife, teary eyed, and only standing in her bra and panties, searching through their wardrobe and drawers. "Betts?" He asked slowly, moving towards her. She whipped around to face him. "Juggie" she cried. "Woah, hey what's wrong babe?" He said wrapping her up in his arms and rubbing her back. And of all the things he imagined she would say, nothing prepared him for what she said next. "My boobs are too big!" She sobbed. Jughead looked down at her to see if she was joking and when he realised she was serious and she was actually sobbing over this he hugged her tighter. "Baby, talk to Me" he said pulling back to look at her. "My bras don't fit!" She said. "And it's uncomfortable and I don't like it!" She whined. Nobody was a stranger to Betty's pregnancy hormones. "Okay okay calm down" he said softly and guided her to the bed where he sat her down. "You brought pregnancy bras and stored them at the top of the wardrobe to avoid this particular situation" he explained and pulled down a bag of pregnancy bras and handed them to her in amusement. Betty just huffed and grabbed the bag. "Sorry... I'm just so uncomfortable!" She Moaned and flopped backwards on the bed in a starfish position while jughead just laughed at his wife's antics. "Betty I know you're uncomfortable and I feel so bad I can't do anything about it but I'll be worth it in a few short months when we have our baby boy" he smiled and climbed on the bed and turned on his side to face her, a hand over her bump. "I know" she sighed. "Also... I happen to love your pregnancy boobs" he smirked and she burst out laughing.

"Okay okay okay... I can do it". Jughead heard coming from the bathroom. "Betts? You okay?" He asked as he opened the door. "I can't reach my toes!" Betty moaned. "What?" He laughed, as he watched her on the floor trying to paint her toe nails. "Well me and Toni never got around to painting toe nails and I can't reach my toes because of my bump!" Betty huffed and tried to reach again. "Okay babe stop before you hurt yourself" he chuckled and then got on the floor with her and took over. "Can you even paint nails?" She questioned. "I've painted Jelly's when she was younger" he answered as she painted the pink nail polish on each nail. "And... even if I do mess it up you won't be able to see!" He joked and was rewarded with Betty throwing a sponge at his head. "Okay! And we're done" he smiled and stood up. "Thanks juggie! You're the best husband" she grinned. "You'd Be an even better husband if you'd help your wife up off the floor" she smirked and grabbed her hands out for him. He took her hands and pulled her into his arms. "God I love you" he said and kissed her until she was left breathless. "I love you too" she said.