Chapter 60

After the doctor said that Betty didn't know what to do so she stormed down the hall to find the twins. "Betts? Maybe you should just stop for a second" Jugehad said as he and FP trailed after her. "No jughead! I need to see the twins" she said and opened the door to find her niece and nephew playing with Lego with a nurse. "Auntie Betty!" The yelled when they saw her and ran at her and she hugged them tight. "I was so worried! Are you okay? Do you feel okay?" She said, looking them over. "I'm sore!" Juniper whined. "Me too!" Dagwood Said and he turned back to the Lego. "Will they be okay?" She asked the nurse. "They'll be just fine, I'll leave you guys to it" the nurse smiled and left the room. "Where's mummy?" Juniper Said still hugging Betty. "Erm mummy's a bit hurt so she's resting for a while" Betty said, trying not to cry. "Can we see her?" Dagwood asked. "Not yet she needs to her better first" Betty said. "Why don't you play with uncle juggie for a while and FP" Betty said and rushed out of the room.

Jugehad round her 15 minutes later Sitting outside on a bench, one hand over her bump and trying to control her breathing. "Hey baby, I've got you! You're okay" he said as he knelt in front of her. "Juggie... I don't know what to do" she cried and he wrapped her up in his arms. "I know but we'll figure it out together and I know that it's hard but you need to think of the baby, you can't make yourself sick okay?" He said and she nodded "okay". "Come on let's get back in there" he said and helped her up but before they could walk back into the hospital Betty hugged jughead tight. "Thank you. I couldn't do this without you. I love you" she said. "I love you too sweetheart" he said and kissed her head.

After hours and hours of being in the hospital, the twins fell asleep on the bed and a doctor came in to talk to Betty when FP and Jugehad went to get coffee and a tea for Betty. "Any news on my sister?" She asked. "She's awake, still critical but not as bad, we're going to keep her under observation for a few days and then move her to a different ward where she'll be allowed visitors but she should be fine" the doctor smiled and Betty breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank god can I see her?" She asked, hopeful. "Only for a few minutes" the doctor said. Just then Jugehad and FP walked back in. "Is everything okay?" FP asked. "Pollys awake! I'm going to see her then I'll be back" Betty said and followed the doctor.

"Polly!" Betty said when she saw her sister, in the hospital bed with machines all around her and a neck brace on. "Betty" Polly croaked. "How are the twins?" She asked. "They're perfectly fine! Only a few bruises" Betty smiled. "I was so worried" Polly groaned. Betty told Polly that she was going to take the twins home with her for a few days and bring them back when Polly was allowed visitors. "Thank you" Polly said. "I love you Polly" Betty smiled with tears in her eyes. Polly reached for Betty's Hand. "I love you too".

That evening they were all in the car ready to drive back to riverdale. FP was driving and Jugehad was in the passenger seat with Betty in the middle of the sleeping twins in their car seats in the back. "Betts, it's going to be okay" Jugehad said as he turned around and watched as his wife was staring at the twins with a sad expression on her face. "I know but I almost lost them juggie" she cried. "Oh honey, I know. I hate that I can't hug you right now" he sighed. She reached for his hand and even though it was uncomfortable for him he spent the rest of the drive home holding her hand like his life depended on it.