Chapter 66

In the following days after Christmas Betty and Jughead were in a love filled haze. Betty was 7 and a half months pregnant which means they only had a month and a half until the baby arrives but they were also told it could come any day now so they were making sure they had everything prepared. "Okay so I think I've packed a hospital bag" Betty announced as she walked out of the bedroom, a pink bag in hand. "Yeah?" Jughead said as he stood up from where he was reading on the Couch. "Well I've packed my one, I was thinking we could do the baby's together?" She suggested. "I like that idea" he smiled as he took her hand and they walked into the nursery. Jughead took down a grey baby bag they'd brought and together they started placing items such as clothes, hats, baby mittens, blankets, newborn nappies, cloths and a small teddy bear FP had brought. "Do you think this is enough?" Betty asked. "Babe. We have all the basics for a baby and if we do need anything else while we're there I'm sure someone will grab it for us" jug said. "Okay" she said. "What have you put in the bag for you?" He asked. "Pyjamas, a book, a hairbrush, a spare toothbrush and tooth paste, a dressing gown and a change of clothes" she said. "I also added some pyjamas for you as well" she smiled. "Thanks, Okay then I think we're all ready for our little man" he grinned. "I'm so excited Juggie" she said as she hugged him. "Me too Betts".

Later on Betty and Jughead had been to a birthing class to try and ease Betty's mind and to help the couple prepare for what would happen. "Do you think it helped?" Toni asked as they sat at the bar. "Yes definitely but it's still scary!" Betty shuddered. "You'll be fine, I've never seen anyone stronger than you darling" FP said and Jughead put an arm around her. "He's right. And I'll be right there with you" jug said and kissed her cheek. "Speaking of... I don't want you going on an serpent runs until the baby is born. We don't know when I could go into labour and I want you there!" Betty said sternly. "I agree. I won't be going on any of the runs" jug said. "Good" Betty smiled.

After dinner Betty excused herself back up to the apartment and when Jughead went up he found her snuggled up to her pregnancy pillow, in Christmas pyjamas. "You look adorable" he said softly as he leaned against their bedroom door. "I'm exhausted, Christmas was amazing but it wiped me out" she giggled as she shed his clothes and changed into a pair of pyjama pants. He climbed into bed next to her and she shoved her pregnancy pillow away to cuddle him instead. "You're way better than a pillow" she sighed happily. "Glad to be of service" he chuckled as they fell asleep wrapped up in each other .