Chapter 34

After the news about the trial really sunk in; Betty was going insane. All she was thinking was how her mother would find a way to twist everything and she'll be released and will continue to torment her. Another worry that was eating her up inside was Abigail and where was she? Jughead had obviously noticed Betty's restless nights and the way she closed off sometimes but he knew she needed space so  he waited for her to come to him. This went on for a few days until Betty came down to the office while jughead was working. She knocked on the door and handed him a cup of coffee. "Thank you gorgeous" he smiled and placed the cup on the desk. Betty wrung her hands together. "Jug?" She said. "Yeah betts?" He said, noting how anxious she looked. "Erm... can we talk for a second?" She asked. "Of course!" He smiled and sat her down in his chair before crouching in front of her. She filled him in about all her worries with the trial and Abigail and he listened and offered words of comfort. "I've booked an appointment for later on at 4 but I wanted you to come with me to it, if you're there you'll be able to know exactly how I'm feeling because my therapist breaks it down and she'll also give me ways to cope which I think you should listen to because sometimes I forget" she said, anxiously looking at him for his reaction. "Baby, I'll be happy to come with you. I'm so proud of you for telling me and for booking an appointment; that's a big deal to let me in to that side of your mental illness, I love you betts" he said and kissed her, full of love and passion. "Thank you for understanding, I love you too" she said and hugged him.

Before the appointment Betty was in the apartment while jughead was going through some bar paperwork with the serpents. He also told them about the appointment, with Betty's permission; she insisted her family knew what was going on. "I don't know what time We'll be back" Jug said before going back to the apartment to get Betty. She was in the bedroom on her phone when he got there. "Hey babe you ready to go?" He asked and she nodded, taking his hand. They drove to the therapist office in comfortable silence, still holding hands. When they parked jughead kissed her hand reassuringly before getting out of the car. In the appointment Betty explained how she was feeling, gripping jugheads hand, and jughead sat quietly as she had her normal session. "Okay guys, Betty well done for telling both me and jughead about your feelings, I have a few suggestions" her therapist said. "You just need to do some things to take your mind off it, stressing yourself out isn't good for you or the baby" she started. "I think maybe taking up a hobby or taking walks would help also jughead if you notice any signs or triggers of Betty's anxiety, you need to calm her down, wether that be a movie, a bath, going out and doing something you both enjoy; I think you'll just be fine Betty, you're a strong girl" her therapist said with a smile. "Thank you" betty smiled; her and her therapist had a great relationship and she always felt better after talking to her. "Jughead if you have any questions here's my number and I'm glad Betty has you to lean on, I'm also pleased Betty feels comfortable enough to involve you in the sessions" she smiled and jughead nodded. "Me too" he smiled, squeezing his wife's hand. "One more thing, I'm out of town at a conference for two weeks but I still want to continue our sessions so you don't feel like you're struggling so our appointments will be the same time we'll just have to Skype" she smiled and Betty nodded.

After the appointment they left and headed back to the truck. "Thank you for that juggie" Betty smiled and leaned over her seat to hug him. He kissed her head and held her tighter. "Anything for you baby" he smiled into her hair. "I feel a bit better now" she sighed and leaned back into her seat. "I'm glad sweetheart" he smiled, reaching for her hand again before pulling out of the car park. "Jug?" She said and he looked over. "Can we go out for dinner?" She smiled. "Betts... you never have to ask me that" he laughed and she giggled as he turned the truck around to head in the direction of pops.