Chapter 13

"So when's your next scan?" Toni asked while they were all eating dinner. "2 weeks" Betty smiled, instinctively placing a hand over her bump. "Is That when you find out if it's a girl or a boy?" Sweetpea asked. "No, not for a few more weeks" jughead said. "So are you waiting to decorate the nursery until you find out?" Toni said. "Yeah I think so" Betty nodded. "That's cool". "I'm so hungry, I'm going up for seconds" Betty said and stood up, everyone laughing.

That evening jughead had just finished tidying the kitchen we he decided to run Betty a bath, who was laying on the couch. After it was done he put candles in the bathroom and soon pregnancy safe oils in the bath. "Baby?" He yelled. "Yeah?" She said. "Can you come here?" He asked and waited for Betty in the bathroom.  She walked in to find her husband in a bath for Of bubbles and she couldn't help but giggle at the sight. "Join me?" He smirked and she happily complied. She sat in front of him, both of their hands over her bump. "God you're so sexy pregnant" he said as he kissed her neck. "I'm glad you think so" she laughed and he kissed her temple. "I can't believe there's a baby growing in me" she said. "That's a lot of responsibility for us" Jug said. "It is. But I'm so excited" she smiled. "Me too" he grinned. "I hope it has your looks" she said. "No way! It better have yours" he teased. "I don't care, as long as it's ours" she said.

After their bath Betty was exhausted and jughead helped her into some pyjamas and she instantly fell asleep on the bed; he tucked her in and then kissed her head before going into the living room to watch TV, he wasn't tired yet. About half an hour later, he was watching and old movie when he heard the patter of his wife's feet and looked up to see her coming over to the couch. He grinned at her; no makeup, old pyjamas and bed head. "Hey sleepyhead" he said as he kissed her and she snuggled into his side. "Mmm hello" She mumbled. "Why are you awake?" He asked. "I don't know, I think I just needed a little nap" she smiled. "Well then, what shall we watch?" He asked pointing at the TV. "Stranger things!" She beamed, their new favourite programme. He laughed at her excitement and put it on.

They got through an episode when jughead noticed Betty wiggling around. "You okay betts?" He asked and she nodded so he decided not to push her. "You tired yet?" He asked. "Not yet" she said and they continued watching stranger things. They got though another few episodes; jughead taking note that Betty was fidgety and couldn't get comfortable. When they were both yawing they decided to head to bed. Jughead stood up to turn off the tv and when he turned back to Betty on the couch his heart dropped....
She was on the couch, sat up, pale and tears falling down her face. Her hand was shaking and she pointed down. Her pyjamas and the Couch were red and when she spoke his heart broke....

"Juggie... I'm... I'm bleeding!"