Chapter four- Surprise

Maya's POV
Once I got back home I picked out what I was going to wear. Casey told me to wear an outfit which would keep me warm but it still looked casual. I picked out some black leggings and a cute top. I went downstairs and watched a couple of episodes of Friends. Friends was my favouite tv program, I mean what isn't to like about it, it is amazing. As the 2nd episode finished I heard my phone go off.
Casey 💩😷😵
We are outside, hurry up we don't want to be late x

Maya💕💗 Ok I will be outside in a minute x

I put on my boots and grabbed my bag. I locked my apartment door and went downstairs to see Sydney and Casey in the car.

"Hurry up, we are already runnning late" Casey yelled through the drivers window.

"Hello to you too" I said as I opened the backdoor of the car. "So where are we going?"

"I'm not telling you" Casey replied with a smug face.

"Sydney, do you know where we are going?"

"Yep" she said popping the p.

"Will you tell me?"

"Nope" she said popping the p again.

"Please tell me, I won't be annoying for the rest of the month."

"As tempting as that may be, I'm not going to tell you."

We were in the car for another 15 minutes before we arrived at the scotiabank arena. I knew today was the home opener but I didn't buy a ticket because I was going out with the girls. My season ticket hadn't arrived yet, I went back home this summer so I didn't have time to order it so it is arriving later on in the week.

I felt a piece of cloth getting chucked at me from the front. I looked down and saw that it was the new maple leaf jersey. I looked on the back to see that it was a Nylander jersey, number 29.

"Put this on and don't ask any questions"

I saw that Sydney had put on a Martin jersey and Casey had put on a Kapanen jersey.

We got out of the car and I saw the flood of fans in maple leaf jerseys. I turned around to see Casey smiling at me with a big grin as she pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you so much"

"We haven't missed a single game so why miss this home game"

We walked over to the doors and showed security ou tickets. We were in. I now knew we were going to the game but I didnt know where we were sitting. I guess I would just have to wait and find out.

We bought some food and a drink and went to sit down in out seats.

"So now we are here, could you tell me where we are sitting" I asked politely

"Just shut up and follow us" Sydney replied

"And you guys ask me why you don't have many friends" I said with a laugh. The other girls started laughing aswell.

I followed them all the way to the block behind the maple leaf bench. They started walking down the steps right to the front row behind the home bench.

"So what do you think?" Sydney smiled as she asked the question.

"I think you guys are amazing" I said pulling them into a hug.

"Let the game begin" Casey yelled causing the people around us to stare at us. We just laughed. We were used to the weird stares now.