Chapter five

After waiting for about 15 minutes we heard that all familiar voice ring out through the speakers as the arena went dark. This was it, the season was beginning and I was so excited. After the on ice display the players started skating on the ice and immediatly I saw William. I was so proud of him for making it to this level, it was always his childhood dream. I wonder if he members the first time we played together..

I was woken from my daydream as I felt a hand shake my shoulder, I looked to my left to see Casey jumping up and down screaming,

"I'm so excited, I have missed this so much" She rambled on in her usual happy and cheery voice.

Before we new it the game had begun. The memories of last season began filling my mind and I was so happy to be creating even more. Hockey was what I lived for, if I could I would be playing and watching hockey all day everyday and of course it would be with William.

If only he knew how much he meant to me, how everyone I looked into his eyes I fell for him once again. He probably doesn't even like me, why would he? After all we are only best friends and nothing else.

The goal horn sounded signalling the end if tbe first period. The rangers were up by 3. I turned around to see Case and Syd staring at me with a worried look on their face.

Sydney was the first to speak.

"What's up May, do you not want to be here we can leave if you want?"

"Yeah, Cheer up, it doesn't matter if we are losing right? It is just a good thing hockey is back, eh?"

"Ya, of course it is a good thing hockey is back and of course I want to be here but its not that which I'm thinking about, it's something else but you guys don't need to worry about it."

"Of course we need to worry about you, we are your best friends and basically your only family across here"

"If I tell you, you have to promise to not go crazy over it and make a big deal" I say in a serious tone, showing them that I was being serious. "Deal?"

Casey squealed and nodded her head. "please tell us now. I have to know."

"I will tell you if you let me speak"

"Yeah Casey, let the poor girl speak."

"OK well you see...."

The arena went dark and the commentators voice rang out yet again. The second period was about to begin.

"Well I guess you'll just have to wait" I said with a smirk on my face, looking at their annoyed faces.

As the players skated onto the ice I saw William skating to the bench looking directly towards him, I gave him a slight smile and a wave and he returned my actions. Before he sat down he took one last look at me and turned towards the ice.

Williams POV

As I was skated to the bench I saw a girl with the familiar brown hair and I saw that it was Maya. She saw me and gave me a little smile and a wave so I did the same back. I couldn't take my eyes off her until I got back to the bench.

Auston came and sat next to me and followed the direction of where I had been looking.

"Who you looking at, Nylander"

"Just an amazing girl"

"You know her"

I nod in his direction and look the other way to stop the flow of questions he was asking me.

"OK I get it I'm boring you but I do have one last question"

"Go on then"

"You know you have a girlfriend Will, you can't just completely forget about her"

"I know, I know, it's just Maya is amazing but I don't think she would want to be anything more than friends"

"Well there's no harm in asking" He said as he hopped over the boards to take his shift.

The words kept replaying in my head, there's no harm in asking.