Chapter six

Mayas POV

The game ended and the final score was 8-5 to the leafs. I was so proud of the team but especially Will. I could tell he was playing his best and it was really showing.

"Come on guys, Matt said that I could go down after the game with you guys" Syd said pulling us towards the entrance to the tunnel which was surrounded by security guys.

Syd took a laminate card out of her bag and they allowed her past.

"Wow, if only it was always that easy to get in" Casey said laugh

"I would feel sorry for all the guys if you could get in that easy" I said. " You would never leave them alone"

As we walked to the entrance of the changing room I saw a girl with gorgeous blonde hair staring down at her phone. Her makeup was perfectly done and her outfit was really fancy for a hockey game.

"Syd, Who's that?" I said looking over in the girls direction.

She looked over at her and as soon as she saw who it was got a look of anger in her eyes

"Oh, she's Will's girlfriend, Eliza. You can tell clearly she is using him for the money but he really can't tell"  She looked back towards her and then turned to us "All the guys are so worried about him. She just has this negative bubble around her"

"Will as in William Nylander?" I asked, surely my best friend would tell me if he was with someone.

She opened her mouth to say something but Casey cut her off with her squealing.

"Look May, look its William Nylander and the rest of the team"

I laughed at her excitement and watched William to see if he would notice us or would go straight to his girlfriend.

Williams POV

As I walked out of the changing room Maya caught my attention as she stood there with her friends. Her hair was down and curled flowing down her back covering very slightly the jersey she was wearing. The jersey really suited her and seeing her in the outfit brought back many memories from when we watched hockey together.

As I walked over to her to speak to her my name was called out. I turned around to see it was Eliza.

"William, hey"

"Oh there you are I couldn't see you at first. I was just about to ask Sydney if she had seen you" I lied.

"Oh ok, but you've found me now." She said looking back down at her phone. " You played a great game today babe"

I smiled at her even though she wasn't looking at me. She was beautiful but no where near as pretty as Maya. I was longing to talk to Maya again. I don't know how I spent six months not talking to her, now I can't even last a couple of hours.

"El, I'm going to go speak to Matt do you want to come with me or are you going to stay here"

"I'll wait here, don't be too long"

I walked over to where Matt was stood hoping Maya would be there with Sydney.

"Hey Matt, is Sydney and her friends around here"

"Yeah, they are just over there." He said pointing in the direction they were in. "Why do you care anyway"

"Well I am friends with her friend Maya and I would like to catch up with her"

"Ok, just remember you have a girlfriend Will"

"I know, I know"

As I walked over I felt their eyes turn towards me and a smile grew on Maya's face.

"Hey" I said suddenly feeling really awkward.

Maya was the first to speak "Hey Will, great game"

"Thanks May" I said smiling "Are you going to introduce me?"

"Of course. You already know Sydney and this is Casey, one of my best friends"

"Oh My God, I can't believe I'm actually talking to you right now!" Her friend Casey squealed. She turned to Maya with a shocked look on her face "Maya you never told us you knew the William Nylander"

"I didn't think you would want to know" She said looking at her feet "Anyway Will, shouldn't you be with your girlfriend?"

I looked back towards Eliza who was talking to Auston, I knew he didn't like her so I agreed with what Maya said.

"Look I do have to go and save Auston but are we still going out tomorrow morning?"

"Of course, now go and be a hero" I laughed and turned away.

I really did have feelings for her but how would she react?