Chapter one

I sat watching the world go by, watching families of all ages walking past, many of the young children with smiles on their face as they ran a couple of metres ahead of their parents. I was in my favourite park on a warm autumn afternoon, anytime I had free I was here reading, daydreaming, watching. That's the best part of studying in this area of Toronto the beautiful parks and not to mention it was so close to the home of the maple leafs. I had been brought up in a family who had watched hockey, played hockey and I ,like the rest of my siblings, like the rest of Canada, had been a big fan of the sport.
Ever since moving to Canada I have felt more at home. In the UK where I was brought up hockey wasn't a big sport,there was just a small bunch of us who watched the EIHL but that's what made it so special to me. I have so many memories watching the teams, my team and I wouldn't change it for the world, even if people judged me for liking a sport which wasn't football.
I was suddenly brought back into the real world when my phone buzzed in my pocket indicating I had a text.
Casey💩😷😵
You still up for tonight? X
Maya💕
Of course, who else is coming x
Casey💩😷😵
Sydney and I believe that is it x
Maya💕
Ok that's fine, See you then x

I sighed as I placed my phone back in my pocket. I had completely forgotten about the meal and right now it was one of the last things I wanted to do but I couldn't let Casey down again. My timetable has been none stop since I started my new course at uni and a new job in the small café down the road from where I lived. It was my favourite place to go when I first moved here from Toronto so some of the staff are some of my closest friends which meant I didn't mind working.
I rose from my seat on the bench and I started walking the long way back to my apartment. I didn't see why I should shorten my time out if I didn't need to pick up Casey till later on tonight. The field was full of dogs chasing after balls, frisbees and each other. I had always wanted a dog when I was younger but my parents always said we wouldn't have the space and the time for one. My dream now is to buy a nice house and own a dog.
Then as if out of nowhere someone appeared in front of me, causing me to walk straight into them. Whoever this person was was a lot stronger than me and had caused me to fall backwards onto the floor. A hand reached down towards me before a voice spoke with a slight bit of a Swedish accent entangled with a Canadian one.
"I am so sorry I didn't mean to walk into you. I was in my own world"the stranger spoke. Where had I heard this accent before? I accepted the hand as he pulled me back to my feet. I didn't know what to say do I apologise as well, do I say thank you?
"It's my fault as well, I was daydreaming and wasn't looking at all."
That's when I saw who it was.
He doesn't like me anymore why else would he stop talking to me.
It would be best to just walk away like nothing had happened.
But then I looked into his eyes.
Those eyes which made me fall head over heels for one person.

Authors note
This is the first fanfic I have ever written so I am sorry if it is bad. I do have a story line in mind but if you have anything which you think could work well or want included just leave it in the comments.
Thank you for reading
Caitlyn