Chapter ten

Maya's POV

I woke up feeling that the bed beside me was slightly dipped. The curtains were slightly open causing the sun to fall right onto my pillow. I groaned and looked next to me to see  William snoring lightly with his mouth slightly open. I giggled causing him to open his eyes slowly.

He yawned and looked over at me.

"Good morning May"

"Morning Will. How did you sleep?"

"Amazing, especially waking up to see your beautiful face"

"Will" I said blushing. "You have a girlfriend"

"I know, I know" he said stepping out of the bed.

I groaned again. "Do I have to get up?" I whined.

"Yes you do" he said grabbing me and pulling me off the bed.

I shrieked and looked up at him to see him laughing.

"You should have seen your face" he said still in fits of laughter.

"William" I yelled.

The door opened to see a worried Kappy.

"Are you guys ok? I heard Maya screaming" he said looking around and then down towards me. "Maya are you ok, you appear to be on the floor"

"Really" I said sarcastically. "I didn't realise"

"No need to be that sassy" he said putting his hands up.

"Do you guys have anything for breakfast" I asked.

"Probably not, we can go out after practice" William said from the bathroom.

"Ok sounds good" I replied. "Could I borrow some clothes again please?"

"Sure I'll get you some" He replied.

"I'll leave you guys in peace" Kappy said walking out.

Will passed me a green over-sized hoodie.

"Here you go, I'll leave you alone so you can get ready, I'll meet you downstairs"

Once I had finished getting ready after having a shower I walked downstairs to see Mitch and Auston also stood there

"Morning new best friend" Mitch yelled.

"Hello Mitch, you definitely seem like a morning person" I said as I yawned.

"I see you aren't" He laughed. "Come on lets go. We can't be late to practice"

"Let's carpool" Kasperi shouted as he opened the door.

We all filed out of the apartment and walked down the stairs.

"Shotgun" I yelled and ran towards the car I assumed to be Williams. It was a gorgeous matte black range rover.

"Not so fast" I heard Kappys voice shout from behind. I laughed and kept running.

I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist as Kappy ran straight past me.

"No" I yelled and broke out of the person's arms, who I found out to be Auston. "Auston I hate you" I shouted back.

"No you don't" I laughed as he replied.

Kappy rolled down the window to the passenger seat which he was currently sat in as i approached the car. "You snooze you loose, get in the back loser"

I stuck my middle finger up at him and climbed into the middle seat in the back.

"Don't ever mess with me this early in the morning again" I warned him.

Mitch and Auston climbed in the back with me and we began driving towards the arena. Bon Jovi's Living on a prayer came on and me and Mitch started screaming out the lyrics. I knew it was one of his favourite songs and it was one of my favourites as well.

"WOAH, LIVING ON A PRAYER" We both yelled finishing off the song.

We looked at each other and began laughing.

"Maya, I believe we have just found our song"

"I believe we have" I agreed as we high fived.

"You guys are so weird" Auston laughed.

"They certainly are" William and Kasperi agreed.

**********

During the practice I sat on the visitors bench, half doing my homework half watching the practice which was right in front of me. It was so difficult to concentrate on my school work while my favourite spot was right in front of me.

While I was reading my final essay, I felt snow fall all over me. I looked up to see William smiling at me.

"So May, how do you feel about joining us on the ice?"

I looked at him in shock. "You what?

" Maya, don't look at me like that. I know you use to play university hockey back when you were in the UK but you quit when you moved here. Come on May, I know you were one of the best players on that team, an amazing captain. I know you could have gone so far playing hockey, but you quit so you could move here and pursuit your dream of being a team doctor but I know that in that dream you still play hockey. Come on May just come on the ice just this once. I have put all your kit in the changing room"

I squealed with excitement and gave him a hug over the boards.

"Thank you so much" I repeated over and over again.