chapter eighteen

Maya's POV 

I smiled at Benny as we sat down at the kitchen table with our food. He had invited me and Steph round for our final meal before we went back home. We tucked in and he began asking me about university and how the leafs were doing. I answered all of his questions before I asked him some of my own. This included many questions about the steelers who were currently top of the league. Ben himself had been having a career high season and was leading the league in points.

We were lucky enough to catch a game and they had won 6-2 against Cardiff and Ben had gotten a hat trick. I was so happy for him, a couple of tears may have been shed. I was the proudest sister and I was so proud to be wearing my 81 jersey. As a child because I looked up to Benny so much whenever I signed up for a team I also had to have the number 81 on the back if not I wouldn't play. Obviously as I got older I stopped turning down offers to play but I always preferred if I could play as 81.

We finished eating and I helped Ben's wife tidy away the plates. As we finished she smiled at me before she ushered me into the living room. Casey was sat there with the widest grin on her face as Benny held something behind his back. 

"Maya, close your eyes and hold out your hands."

I nodded and continued to do what he said. I felt something being placed in my hands.

"You may open your eyes" Benny said and I could tell he was grinning from ear to ear.

I looked around at everyone and they all were looking at me smiling. I slowly lifted off the lid of the box and inside it there was a T-shirt. The t-shirt read 'the one where I'm the aunt' in the friends writing along with some small shoes. The tears began streaming down my face as I looked over to Ben who was also in tears. I walked over to his wife, Megan, and gave her the biggest hug.

"I can't believe you've got a human growing inside of you"

She smiled and nodded, "pretty insane isn't it"

After saying congratulations to them and talking a bit more we decided that it was best to go to bed as me and Casey had to be up early in the morning to catch our plane. Why we booked early flights I have no idea. As I laid in bed I decided to post a picture from earlier to update the guys back home on what was going on. 

thread of images