Chapter sixteen

2 weeks later
Maya's POV
"Come on May we have to leave in an hour"

I sighed and rolled over to avoid looking at Steph.

"Don't you dare go back to sleep"

"Fine" I said as I sat myself up. " why did we choose such an early flight?" I questioned.

"Don't ask me, you booked it, now hurry up I want to go and visit your homeland"

"Don't get your hopes up" I laughed. "It's just cold and rainy"

I got out of bed and picked out my outfit. I jumped into the shower before drying and curling my hair. I picked up my luggage and carried it through to the living room.

My phone buzzed as I grabbed the piece of toast that Steph had made for me.

🍁maple leaf squad🍁
William💗
Have a great flight, text us when you land
Mitchy
Just so you know I'm still annoyed that you're stealing my girlfriend
Mitchy
Have an amazing time though
Hit em with the 4 Matthews
Make sure to bring me back a souvenir
Maya
Don't worry Will I will text you when we arrive, Mitch its not my fault I'm better than you and Matts I'll bring you back something British back
Kerfy
Could you bring us some tea back??
Maya
Of course, anything else typically British anyone would like?
Mitchy
Could you possibly just send Steph back with the tea and the souvenirs for Auston and you just stay in Sheffield
Maya
🖕🖕🖕
I laughed as I put my phone down.

"You ready to go?" Steph asked.

I nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be"

We got the cab to the airport and checked our luggage in. After and hour of walking around aimlessly we boarded our plane and began our 8 hour flight to London.

                                                            **********************

After a long journey we finally touched down in the UK.

"Finally I can see how the boys played" I said to Steph sounding relived. I scrolled through my Instagram feed to see that they had successfully beaten the lightning 4-1 with Will getting the hat trick.

"They won!" I squealed. Steph looked up excited.

"I'm so proud of them"

I made sure to send a text to William to let him know we had arrived safely.

Maya
Hey Will, just wanted to say well done last night, you deserved that hat trick and second of all we have just landed.

After getting out of the airport we walked to the main attractions in London so Steph could sight see. We visited places such as Buckingham palace and Big Ben. As we were taking some pictures my phone buzzed and Williams name popped up.

William💗
Thank you, have an amazing time Maya, see you in 4 days
Maya
I'm counting them down

I put my phone down and turned to Steph who was looking at me weirdly.

"Do you want to tell me what that's about?"

I dodged her questioning look and gave her an innocent smile. "I don't know what you're talking about"