Chapter seven

CaseyBrown: My Girls 🌎💕Tags: sydneyesiason mayaoconnor1653 likes 324 comments

Tags: sydneyesiason mayaoconnor
1653 likes 324 comments

mayaoconnor: favourites ❤️
sydneyesiason: wow, this picture actually turned out ok.
CaseyBrown: we can never get pictures together without one of us looking weird
mayaoconnor: why do I feel like that was aimed at me?? ^
auston_matthews: why are you all wearing something completely different to each other?
marner_93: ^ Casey looks like she is wearing fancy pjs
CaseyBrown: that's because I am, its late you know
sydneyesiason: boys just don't understand that everyone has their own style
oconnor81: I hope you are all looking after my sister
CaseyBrown: of course we are Benny. You will have to visit us soon
oconnor81: as soon as my season ends
View all comments...

Maya's POV

"Wake up May, you have to meet William in an hour"

I groaned and opened my eyes and to see Casey and Sydney stood in front of my bed waiting for me to wake up.

"What are you doing here"

"We are here to help you choose an outfit. Now get out of bed and get showered"

As I walked out of the bathroom I saw that they had laid out the perfect outfit on my bed.

"This is perfect guys, thank you"

"You can thank us later now put this on and we will do your hair" Sydney said while grabbing a hairbrush.

"Now go see your knight in shining armour" Casey yelled as I admired my look in the mirror

"You guys know he is just my best friend".

"Is he though?" She asked.

"Right enough talking let her go. We can't have her be late to her first date". Sydney pushed me towards the door.

"Go get him girl"

"Good luck"

"See you later guys. I will call you in a bit to tell you how it went"

I climbed into my jeep and drove to the Tim Hortons we agreed to meet at. The one near the hall of fame. I parked and walked in. I immediately saw William sat in a window seat so I walked over to him and took the seat next to him.

"Maya, you look gorgeous"

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Thank you. How are you today?"

"I'm good. Training was good after our successful night last night"

"That's great. I'm so proud of you Will. I know this was your dream"

"Thank you May, it means so much to me" he smiled. " I bought you a hot chocolate I remembered that they were your favourite"

"Thank you"

"So, what brings you to Toronto, I thought you liked living in the UK?"

"I do miss home a lot but the best place to study for the job I want is here and hockey is the biggest sport here, what's not to love about that?"

"What do you want to be?"

"I am training to be a sport doctor, hopefully one day I will be the trainer for a hockey team"

"Believe me Maya you will be one day."

Williams POV

She is beautiful. Just watching her talk about her dreams makes her even more amazing. I really needed to explain to her about everything that had been going on.

"Maya, I owe you an explanation"

"You do"

"I have a girlfriend and she was jealous of me texting you. She made me stop if I wanted to stay with her. Making that decision was the hardest decision I have ever made. I love Eliza but you were my best friend and you still are now. You being in a Toronto means that Eliza can't stop me from seeing you. I definitely made the wrong choice that day, I never meant to hurt you May, you are amazing, strong and beautiful, I am so lucky to have you as a friend. Please forgive me so I can make things right."

I saw tears forming in her eyes "Will, that's so sweet. Of course I will forgive you. You're my best friend"

"Don't cry May"

"I'm sorry, I've just missed you"

I stood up and went to hug her, I didn't want to loose her again.

"I'm so glad I ran into you yesterday" She said into my shoulder

"Me too May, me too"

She pulled away from me and looked me in the eye "How will Eliza feel about this? I don't want to ruin things between you two."

"It doesn't matter, as long as I have you everything will be fine"