Chapter seventeen

3 days later
Williams POV

I sighed as I looked at the post Maya had put out. I was already missing her like crazy and it hadn't been that long. She was flying back today though and I planned to see her as soon as possible. She looked so beautiful in the picture, I just wish I could call her mine.

Day by day Eliza and I had been drifting, she had been going out more, I had been a lot more involved with the season. This was my one final chance to have a big comeback season because I wasn't sure what would happen if I didn't perform at a high enough level. Eliza had been ignoring my texts and not answering my calls making me wonder what was up. She only ever text if she needed something.

I hadn't seen her in a few days so I decided to head over to her apartment. As I began the small 10 minute walk I got a buzz from my phone. It was very cold in Toronto so I looked at in when I arrived at the path, the text I had received was from Maya telling me that she had boarded the plane. I sent her a quick thumbs up and wished her a good flight before carrying on my walk.

As I walked to the front door I noticed a different car in Els spot. I felt a look of confusion sweep over me. I shook my head and carried on to the front door. I didn't have to buzz up as the kind old lady who lived next to Eliza was on her way out.

"Here you go Will" she smiled.

"Thank you. Have a good trip" I replied to her before I took the lift up to the correct floor.

I knocked on the door and a half naked guy opened it. I began to get confused before I realised what had been going on this whole time.

"How can I help?" He asked in a low deep voice, which sounded very angry. "I hope you know you're interrupting something"

"Just tell Eliza we're done" I said.

"Oh you're William, I'm a big fan"

"Yeah whatever, thanks for supporting the team" I said before walking down the corridor. I felt my head hanging low and tears forming in my eyes.

I began taking the walk home, which had previously been short but now it felt like the longest walk I had ever taken. My mind kept replaying all of my memories with Eliza and I couldn't help but think about how stupidly in love I had been. It was now clear how much she just used me for my money and fame. I had managed to get her into many VIP sections of bars and clubs. Everything still hurt and I was very mad at what she had done but a part of me was glad it happened. I could have been trapped in a toxic relationship with her for a long time and my money would have been going down a lot quicker than I would have wanted.

Once I got home I checked the time and saw that it was 14:00. I knew that the rink was free from 18:00 and that was exactly where I wanted to be, only 6 hours to go. 

After 4 hours of lounging around, looking through all the pictures I had of Eliza and I my phone buzzed and I looked at it hopefully, wanting it to be Eliza apologising even though I really didn't want to be back in a relationship with her. As I looked at it I saw that it wasn't Eliza but something even better. A smile grew on my face as I read Maya's message.

Maya

Hey Will, we've just touched down in Toronto. We need to plan something, I've missed you.

William

That's great news, and yes, we need to meet up, you have so much to tell me about.

Maya 

What about we meet at 11 at the same Timmies we met at after we ran into each other 

William