The Son's Awakening

Raven's POV

The next morning, I wake up and see that it's around 6 in the morning.

"Huh. Why am I awake?" I mumble to myself and stretch while rubbing my eyes.

I lay there for a about a half hour then hear some noise outside my door. So I get up, make my bed and go out. I don't see anyone so I put on my black robe and go out, shutting my door quietly behind me. I go down to the kitchen and see Yukio making himself some cereal.

"Oh, hey Yuki." I say then yawn and lean against the frame of the walk-through door. "Why are you up?"

"Hey Ray, I could ask the same for you." He says, turning then smiling. "I'm going to True Cross a bit early to get unpacked and situated."

"Oh, this early?" I ask walking over and leaning on the counter.

"Yeah. I got other stuff to do as well. Paperwork and more forms."

"Oh. Well that will be fun." I say smiling being sarcastic then laugh a little.

"Oh yeah, you know it will be." He says.

"You have to deal with Pheles too?" I ask.

"Hopefully not but knowing him, you never know. Just saying, I'm not too fond of him but he is my boss, so I have to deal with him, he is also a little odd but let's keep that between you and me though."

"Oh, I know and sounds like a deal. Gotta do what you gotta do right?" I say

"Yeah." He says. "But, I gotta get ready. What will you be going today?"

"Oh I don't know. Probably going to go make breakfast for everyone else since Rin probably won't till about 2 or 3, depending on how lazy he feels today." I say.

"Ok sounds like a plan Ray. Have fun with that." He says, walking away and waves a bit.

After about an hour, I start to make breakfast, which is just omelets with pieces of bacon, chives, little bit of spinach, and cheese sprinkled on top. Then a glass of orange juice to wash it down. Everyone wakes up and then Father comes down, we all say bye to Yukio as he goes out and one of the other priests drive's him there, but will be coming right back. Father then comes over and kisses me on the cheek, giving me a side hug and says thanks Ray. I smile then they sit down and start to eating, I eat as well. I clean up after, and put two plates away for Rin and the priest who left. At around 2, Rin wakes up and runs outside. I just look up at Father, and see he is also looking at the door funny.

"Do you think it's happening Father?" I asks. "Are Rin's demonic powers awakening?"

"Yes Ray, they indeed are. Get ready, now all the other demons will be looking for him to bring him back to the devil."

"That son of a bitch." I say quieter, refering to Satan.   

I feel him just look at me and smile. Probably glad that I don't like him, but who really does. No one does after that night about 16 years ago. Father told me about it and also about Rin and that he is the son of the devil, Satan himself.

I then clean up a bit and continue for a while. Soon it gets dark and I start to get worried about Rin. Father sees then says he's going out and should be back soon. For the next half hour, almost hour I sit there waiting for Father to arrive with Rin.

I sit there and wait on one of the benches for them to arrive. After a few more, Rin and Father come in, rushing. I hear Father ordering the other priests to start putting more holy water up on the barrier. I then stand up, getting ready for anything he needs. I heard him say we are gonna be attacked by demons, which means that Rin's powers have awakened.