Attacked

The next day, we go to Cram School again. I walk to class, quite a bit behind Rin but still able to see him. I see Shiemi on the ground, looking like she just tripped.

"Shiemi. Everything ok? What'cha doing down there?" Rin stops and asks.  

"Um. Nothing. I'm fine." Shiemi says, getting up and walking off. She is probably still hurt from what Rin said the other day.

I walk past Rin who is still standing there and I'm a bit behind Shiemi. I decide I should be a little nicer to her. I then run up and walk beside her.

"Hey Shiemi." I say.

"Hey Raven." She says, looking my way and smiling. I smile back.

"You sure you're ok? You took quite the fall. Look like it hurt." I say.

"Uh huh. It did, but I'm ok now. Thank you." She says. "Uh hey Raven?"

"Yes." I say, looking towards me then she stops, making me stop and grabs my hand.

"Would you be my friend?!" she blurts out.

"Uh. Sure Shiemi. I'd love to." I say and smile

"Really?" she asks.

"Yeah." I say and she just smiles, being over filled with joy.

We walk to class together talking about what she likes to do, I figure we both like gardening and learning about plants and nature.

In class Shiemi and Rin sit beside each other and I sit in the back again.

"Listen up, summer vacation is less than a month and a half away, but before the break you're going to be taking this year's exwires authorization exam." Yukio says at the front of the class.

"Esquire exam? What the hecks that?" Rin asks.

"No, exwire." Shiemi says.

"Huh?"

"A candidate for becoming an exorcist." Shiemi explains to Rin.

"Hoh."

"I want everyone to keep in mind that once you're promoted to exwire, you'll be subjected to more specialized combat training. The exam won't be easy to pass, therefore starting Monday we are offering a week long boot camp to prepare you for the exam." Yukio says.

Everyone says 'huh?' except me.

"Boot camp?" Rin says.

"Since attending the camp, isn't mandatory. Indicate wither or not you'll be participating on the form." Yukio says, handing a piece of paper out. "If you are, please indicate the meister or title you'd like to acquire, and turn the form in by Monday."

"A meister or a title?" Rin asks.

After a few minutes, Rin gets up and goes over to Bon and them, asking what a meister is and he also has his hair pinned up and back. I look at my sheet and think. Well since I have a sword and have been trained in it, I'm gonna pick a Knight, but I also have training in Dragoon which shoots guns. I've been trained for Knight and Dragoon, I also wanna try Tamer but I haven't gotten to that yet. I sign and look at the page. After we have another class with Mr. Neuhaus, who will be our Tamer teacher, also teacher for the types of demons out there that are used for Tamers.

"Alright." Mr. Neuhaus says after drawing a circle with a bunch of different symbols. "I will now summon a demon."

Rin tries to look at it but then he yells at him, telling him to watch his step. Also saying that if it's broken then it won't work. He tells us the procedure saying we need a drop of our blood to summon the demon and to say the first words that come to our head. He does and he summons a Naberius. He tells us to pull the sheets out he gave us at the beginning of class and to prick our finger, putting a bit on the sheet.