Cooking Buddies

The next morning, Yukio and I wake up and eat, he tells me he tried waking Rin up more than three times but then left him. At about 10 minutes to, he comes running down and I just finish putting my dishes on the counter. Rin pops in front of me with his shirt unbuttoned, his jacket half on and his pants almost done up. 

I shake my head then go over and fix him up while he yells at Yukio

I shake my head then go over and fix him up while he yells at Yukio. He stands up straight and I do up his pants since his fly was down and tucked in his belt into the other loops so not as much hangs out, then buttoned up his shirt, looking at what I am doing then check him over and I fixed his tie. I put his tie properly on and straighten it out. I look up and see him smiling down at me lightly.

"Thanks Ray." He says, and I half smile.

"Yeah yeah. Don't mention it." I say and pat his chest as I walk away to finish getting ready myself.

We then all leave and go to school. The day quickly goes into lunch, but I brought my own so I don't need to buy. I sit on my own by the base of a tree, remembering that the other two were gonna go buy their own.

Later on that night. I find Yukio and Rin in the kitchen, Rin is cooking again. I go over and lean on the counter.

"You know. You don't have to cook this late at night, can't you do it in the morning?" Yukio asks.

"You always make your lunch before and stick it in the freezer. The next day you take your frozen lunch to school and let it thaw during class. It should be ready to eat by noon. You could say it's sort of a house wives tip." Rin says.

"Oh really? It would be pretty amazing if you could spend that amount of energy on your studies." Yukio says.

"Who asked you? Take a crap and go to bed." Rin says, raising a spatula. I just laugh at that.

"Yes sir. Good night." Yukio says, standing up and walking off.

"So, how was your day?" Rin asks.

"It was ok. How about you?" I ask.

"It was good. " He says.

"So you liking Cram School so far?" I ask. "Looks like you're getting along finally with Bon." 

"Yeah, we're cool now. It's ok, starting to get the hang of it." He says. "What about you? We haven't talked in a while, so what's up?"

"Oh nothing. The usual. School and cleaning mainly, but studying as well. Nothing much." I say awkwardly, not wanting to talk about my feelings or anything. "Uh, Cram School is good. I know most the stuff, so it's like review to me."

"Oh, that's good. You did great though by the way with the Reaper, how you kicked it like that. That was pretty damn cool." He says.

"Thanks." I say, smiling and looking at the counter top in front of me, but my smile soon fades.

Remembering what he said about me not being a friend or anything and also remembering the pain in my chest, which still aches a bit. I put my hand into a fist and to my chest, feeling the pain coming back and my eyes start to water. I then close my eyes.