Chapter 3 New instruments: Aqua

I didn't actually think I had music class today. But I guess the schedule changed.

I sat down next to Flame and listened to Terry and Eli talking to each other about sports and people that weren't in this class. Basically gossip is all they talk about.

Anyway, as I sat down next to Flame, I felt like something awkward was happening. So I looked over at him and he was blushing. I... never saw him blush before. I mean, on earth I could feel him blushing. I felt the pressure. But now I saw it.

His dark hair covered his eyes and his cheeks were a light rosy pink. He looked kinda embarrassed.... For some reason.... that I didn't know.

Oh. Right. And by the way, we don't have talent shows anymore; we have fights in the battle arena.

We still have music class, but we don't have concerts. It's..... ....kinda different in Elumenal.

Anyways,.....

I tapped Flame's shoulder. "Uh... you okay?"

He instantly looked up at me and the blush faded from his cheeks. "Y-Yeah. Why?"

"Never mind." I took my hand off his shoulder.

The teacher, miss Ellopp, (I know. Really weird last names) took attendance and then handed each student a cardboard box. Some big, some fat, some skinny, some randomly shaped. But everyone got one.

Terry got a medium sized one. Eli got a really small one. Flame also got a medium sized one.

But I didn't get one. Everyone got a box except for me.

Then I looked at the teacher in confuzzlement. She looked at me and I could read her thoughts through her light brown eyes. "Don't worry. Yours is very special."

I then realized that there was a wide and skinny box on the stage. My vision zoomed in on a tag on it and it read "To: Aqua. From: Oscar."

Oh, Oscar. Such a silly little guy. Getting a box for me. Sigh. The wonders of a silly little bro.

Miss Ellopp took the wide box and handed it to me.

Then she told us all to open it.

Everyone opened their different sized boxes to find a small navy blue cube. When they touched it, it became an instrument.

Eli got a trumpet, Terry got a saxophone, Flame got bass guitar, and I got an organ.

How legit.

"Class," the teacher started, "you will learn how to play this instrument. It is yours now. When you take it home, put it in a safe place to play. Good luck on learning!" with that, she strided out of the class and out the door. Then the bell rang.

I left the class with my instrument and put it back into it's navy blue cube form. Then I plopped it into my bag and went to science class.