Chapter 5 appreciated: Aqua

Flame pressed his fingers on the keys and started playing exactly what I was. Except he got all the parts perfect.

I kept watching him play and pretty soon I noticed myself humming the words to the song.

Flame looked surprised that I was humming the toon and he stopped, his fingers hovering above the keyboard. He didn't look at me though, just stared at the keys.

There was a moment of silence and stillness. Then he spoke quietly. "Aqua." He basically whispered.

I looked at him with an embarrassed facial expression on my face. "Y-yeah?"

___________

Flame

___________

"You have an amazingly beautiful voice." I said staring at the keys with wide eyes. I could feel my cheeks warming up. I was blushing.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Aqua's cheeks also turn a light pink. She looked down at her feet.

I could tell that she was embarrassed.

"That's not something to be embarrassed about." I explained.

She looked up a little bit and blushed a little more.

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my iPhone. Then I turned on the soundtrack for the song Aqua was gonna play.

_________

Aqua

_________

When Flame played the soundtrack for my favorite song, 'poisoned with love', I thought I was gonna explode with surprise.

He started playing right away at the same time as the actual song. When it was time to sing, I instantly started singing the exact words.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We finished after a while and I took a drink of water from my water bottle by my stool.

When I was done, I turned to face Flame. He was just looking at me, calmly. Kinda...weird though. It surprised me.

I actually jumped back in surprise. Meanwhile he's still looking at me calmly.

Just then, I thought I saw a flicker of black fire from Flame's hair. Maybe he was getting his flames back. I didn't know.

"Hey Flame?" I said a few minutes of silence later.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"I appreciate your help with my piano. Thanks." I blushed.

He smiled and left out my door. But stopped at the top stair.

"Hey Aqua?" Flame walked in front of my doorway again. "If you want me to play again or help you again you can just ask."

Then he left. Meanwhile I sat there thinking about the music that was just played.

I looked over at where Flame was sitting. I laughed a little bit.

The seat was burned slightly. Black ashes all around the area where he sat.

Heh. Fire elementals. What're ya gonna do...?