Chapter 24 Handcuffs? Aqua

"We're gonna have to ask you to come with us please." One of the police officers grabbed my wrists and put them behind my back.

"What?" I said slightly confused. "Wait, wait, wait..."

"No dad. She saved me." Charlotte tried to help.

I felt a click on my hands of metal. It was right and it hurt.

Handcuffs.

"Handcuffs?!" Me and Charlotte both said at the same time.

"Charlotte, you can never tell if they're up to bad stuff." Charlotte's dad began. "Besides, she isn't even you're friend. Is she?"

"Actually yeah." Charlotte glanced at me. "Yes. She is."

I was shocked.

Personally, I thought she hated my insides.

I guess we are friends.

The metal started digging into my wrists and I snapped the chain with my own rage.

Charlotte and her dad stopped 'arguing' and look at me.

I dunno what happened. I just couldn't take this.

"I don't really care if you don't appreciate me saving your daughter from three bigger and much stronger knuckle-heads." I started. "I didn't have to save her. But I did. Even if you both hate me, I'd save her again. Cuz I don't need a reason to save people."

"We're just---"

"I don't give a damn! I'm not the one whose carrying weapons. The only weapons I have are what I walk on." I cut her dad off. "Those," I pointed at the three goons in the corner, unconscious. "Are the ones you should be arresting."

Charlotte nodded. "They tried to take my money. They even said that if I didn't have anything they wanted, they'd kill me. Then Aqua stepped in. She's not worth being arrested."

So after all that, they let me go.

I went home and told Terry all about it.

"So Charlotte's your friend now?" she asked.

"Yup." I said, taking a fork full of the ham she made and stuffed in in my mouth. "You make good ham."

"Thanks." She answered.

Then Flame knocked on the door. "Hello? Terry?"

"Hold on!" Terry got up and opened the door.

The she covered her mouth and fell to her knees. And then of course, "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG ! OMG!"

"What? what?" I asked, coming over to her. Then I did the same thing. Covered my mouth but didn't fall to my knees.

"Where..." Terry tried to gather her excitement. "Where and how did you find such a perfect little angel?!"

In front of Flame was a baby shi-tzu, about 4 months old. It was white with caramel coloured spots.

And the eyes were just perfect. Not to close or far apart. The big black eyes on the puppy made something inside me go crazy.

"He's a stray." Flame said interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I asked surprised.