Chapter 16

I panted, sweat covered my back. Xan gave me a satisifed smile, "At this rate you'll become better than me." He said taking a stance again. I held up my practice sword and did the same. We began to clash swords, using as much strength as we could, trying to disarm the other. He tried to stomp on my tail but instead I stomped on his foot causing him to falter. I then knocked his legs out from under him. He slammed on to the ground, my sword at his throat. He smiled, "Good work, let's call it day shall we?"

I nodded and put my sword away then took off the ankle weights. The ankle weights were to help me become faster. Every time i get used to the weight and move as if it's not there, I'll put on a heavier weight. I felt eyes watching me and knew it was Cinteri. He's been doing it a lot lately. Anytime I look at him, I don't see hatred or hostility, just simply curiosity. I just leave him alone though, let him make the choice on whether or not if he wants to approach me.

I was happy that Azia is working on making amends with his siblings. I just wished I would be able to do the same but that would never happen. My family hated me and probably had no problems with me being sacrificed. That's okay though. I have a new family that loves me for who I am. I was on the way to my room when I was grabbed from behind. I knew by the sparks who it was. I was pulled to a hard chest and smiled. "It's rude to sneak up on others." I told him, looking up at him. Azia placed a kiss to my lips. "But it's fun." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes, "Don't you have celebration preparation to overlook?" He pouted, "It's so boring." I shook my head, "Not all kingly duties are meant to be fun." He kissed my lips, "Come with me." He kissed my lips, as if kissing me would convince me to go. "I need to take a bath and go shopping." I said between kisses. He huffed a sigh. I smiled, "Take Jurian with you, I'm sure he would make it entertaining." The man was a giant child. He huffed, "I already asked him. Jansin and him are with the girls shopping for a new wardrobe and they're the bag carriers." "So I was your last resort?" I scoffed. "No my love, I saved the best for last." He tried. I rolled my eyes, "Go do your kingly duties, I have shopping to do." He sighed, "Fine." He then gave me a kiss that made my legs feel weak.

When I got to my room Yinsy was waiting impatiently, her stomach protruding a little. Demons we're only pregnant for four months instead of nine like humans. Pregnancy suited my friend. "Bath, now!" She said, her foot tapping. I quickly did as she ordered, not wanting to piss her off. Once I was washed and dried, I quickly dressed. Xan was waiting for us at the gate. He smiled and took his mate's hand. She smiled back and we began our walk.

"So when do you plan to seal the deal?" Yinsy asked me. My face became warm, "I was waiting for him to regain his strength." She smirked, "He's got his strength now." I rolled my eyes, "The celebration is tomorrow." She giggled, "Yeah he kind of needs to be there for that. When Xan and I first mated, neither of us left the room for a week. Even after that we still couldn't be around people of opposite genders without the other wanting to kill them." Xan chuckled, "Since he's so powerful and a King the longer they'll be in the room." It was true. The stronger the demon, the bigger the sexual hunger and the more possessive they are. "The castle may become vacated for a while so King Azia doesn't kill anyone."

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help my blush. After we found what we would wear the two of them went to a baby store while I went to a lingerie store. Just looking at these made my face become red but I wanted to find something to wear for when I mated with him. Granted it will probably be torn off of my body, but that's okay. I chose an emerald colored corset that snapped in the front that pushed my breasts up. I chose the matching lace underwear to go with them. It would be great to wear under the dress I had chosen for tomorrow. I just hoped I had the confidence to go through with this.

Azia's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror. This was going to be her first spring celebration and I wanted it to be special. I ran a shakey hand through my hair. I wore an emerald suit with a black tie. My eyes went to the bracelet she gave me. It was my most cherished possession. I smiled softly, gaining the confidence to leave my room.

I was in the field talking with my brothers and Unif when she came into the field, looking like a goddess. Her ruby hair was curled with white flowers decorating it. The flowers continued down her tail. She wore an emerald colored dress that hugged her delicious curves and flowed down her body. The necklace I gave her, rested just above her full breasts. Her wings seemed to frame her perfectly.

Jurian nudged me, "You're drooling." I ignored him as I approached her. She smiled, "I see we decided to match." I chuckled, "I guess we did." I kissed her softly, "You're so beautiful." I took in her Shadow Bane scent. It was a very rare, and very deadly flower, but made into a soap it was harmless. Harmless to most. The scent of her alone may kill me.

"Come dance with me." She said with a bright smile. I would do anything to see her smile like that so I did as she wanted.