Chapter 5

I finished getting ready, feeling giddy. I grabbed my delicately wrapped gifts and left my room. Yinsy and Xan had already gone ahead, but by now I knew my way around well enough. I was amazed at the lights, decorations, music, and the very large tree. Yinsy and Xan were dancing and Unif was chatting with some guards.

"Finally!" Yinsy said when she noticed me. She went to hug me but noticed the present I held out to her. She squealed happily and tore into the paper. She pulled out a pair of sparkly metal earrings I had made. The metal was amazing, and sparkled like diamonds but was light as a feather. "Oh my Gods these are beautiful." She said in pure awe before she replaced the earrings she was wearing. She hugged me again, "Thank you." She then summoned a present into her hands, "This is yours." I took it then handed Xan his. It was a new scabard for his sword. The one he had was centuries old and falling at the seems. Yisny had complained how he keeps saying he's going to replace it but never does. It had demonic runes of luck sewn into it. It took some research and help from Unif but it turned out amazing. He smiled and nodded, "Thank you Raven." "Open yours." She urged me. I rolled my eyes and tore into the paper. Inside was a beautiful leather bound journal. "You can't write down your new found knowledge in the one you have since it's so full." She explained to me, meaning the journal of my blacksmith stuff. On the cover was a sword with a large R on the blade. "Thank you." I smiled and hugged them both before going to Unif.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "You didn't have to girly." I smiled, "I wanted to." He opened it and smiled. Inside the box was a beautiful glass bottle that would keep his alcohol cold no matter how close to the fire it is. It had his name engraved on it. "Now I don't have to hear you complain about wanting a cold drink." He chuckled and shook his head. A present appeared in his hand and he held it out to me. I opened it and inside was a beautiful dagger with a black blade, silver floral engravings, and a hilt the color of saphires. The scabard had the same design of the blade. I gave him a hug, "I love it, thank you." He nodded, "The last person you're looking for is over there."

Sitting in a tree watching everyone have fun, was King Azia. There was a phantom sadness in his eyes as he watched everyone. I made my way over to the tree and he didn't notice me. "Hey!" I yelled up to him. He looked down and I held up my present to him. His eyes widened in shock. "For me?" I smiled and nodded, "Who else is in a tree?"

He got down and nervously took my present. He opened it as if he was scared to break it. I bit my lip nervously as I waited for him to look inside. Inside was a leather bracelet with silver swirls on the leather. "I know jewelry is meant for wom-" he cut me off, "This is one of the best gifts I have ever gotten, thank you Raven." The sincerity of what he said cut me deeply. Two presents appeared in his hand. "This is for Tessa." He said and I opened it. Inside was a silver collar with her name on the tag. "It has a door portal spell engraved into it." I smiled and put it on her. She seemed confused by it but she'll get used to it. "And this is for you." He seemed nervous as he gave it to me. I opened it and was shocked by what I saw. Inside was a beautiful silver necklace with a charm of a flower with a single diamond in the center. "Will you put it on me?" I asked him. He smiled softly and took it. I lifted my hair for him. Once it was clasped it hung to just above my breasts. It was beautiful and I loved it very much, "Thank you, it's beautiful."

He nodded, "Would you like for me to come send your gifts to your room?" "If you'd be so kind." He then made everything except my ornament disappear. I smiled and took his hand, "Come with me." He went along with me, easily. I hung up my ornament then pulled him to dance with me.

I felt many stares but I ignored them. He ignored them too, letting the music take us away. It was the most fun I've ever had. At sunrise he walked me back to my room. I carried a fat and happy Tessa. She had spent the night with Unif who fed her a ton of different meats. "Thank you for a wonderful celebration." He told me once we got to my door. "Good night Azia." I said before standing on my tip toes to kiss his cheek. I slipped into my room, leaving him dumbfounded. My lips felt warm at the contact and part of me had wished it was more than his cheek.

My hand went to the necklace that hung around my neck, and my stomach had butterflies. Tonight was the best night of my life.