Chapter 6

I saw Unif the next morning and he had a large smile. "What?" I asked him. His eyes glanced to my necklace, "Nothing girly." I glared but didn't say anything as I got to work. "So I noticed the King was wearing a new bracelet." Unif said smirking. "So?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. "He seems to like it a lot." Unif said and I rolled my eyes. "What are you getting at old man?" I asked him.

He shrugged, that smile still on his face,"I'm just saying that someone pretty special must've given it to him."  My face heated, "I'm not special." My voice had become a whisper. "Now that is bullshit. The entire Kingdom is talking about the human who bravely danced with the King." Unif said. My head snapped up, "It had nothing to do with bravery, it was something I wanted to do." "I know that, but many think you were trying to prove something to others." He told me. "Ever since you got here, you've walked around with your head held high, not showing an ounce of fear. Many think you were trying to make a statement about humans being just as strong as demons." I bit my lip, "You don't think he'll think that's what I was trying to do, do you?" He shook his head, "His abilities allow him to know your intentions but no one else knows them besides us and maybe Yinsy and Xan depending if you told them." I nodded, "They had gone with me when I went to buy it." He offered me a smile, "Don't worry girly, if anyone talks shit that shouldn't be said, I'll handle it."

I returned his smile but I wasn't feeling so confident. On the way back to my room I noticed the stares and whispers. I kept my head held high, they won't bother me. I got to my room and saw Yinsy waiting for me with a glass of wine in her hand. She closed her book and smiled. "So I want to hear the details after you two left the party." She patted the spot next to her eagerly and I rolled my eyes. I sat down and sighed, "He walked me to my room and thanked me for tonight. I.....then kissed his cheek as I told him goodnight."

She squealed in delight, "Oh my Gods, what did he do?" "I left him there stunned as I went into my room." I told her. She laughed, "The poor King probably didn't know what to do." I sighed, "So what rumors are circulating?" "Well everyone thinks you're after the crown, or that you're his whore." She said and I groaned. "Oh it's fine. They'll soon find something else to gossip about."

She had a point. I'll just stick it out. Gods give me strength.

The next day everyone ran around in fear. "What's going on?" I asked one of the guards. "King Dimo has suddenly arrived." He informed me. I gulped, in fear. King Dimo was the King of the kingdom that orchestrated the attack a while back. What was he doing here? Yinsy pushed me into my room and locked the door. "The less humans he sees around here the better." She told me.

"What's he even doing here?" I asked her. "Taunting him most likely." She sighed. "He wants a full blown war, but King Azia won't go that far because there isn't a need to. We won and he's throwing a tantrum."

Suddenly the castle began to shake and rumble. "Damn it to hell!" She yelled as we fell from the intensity. A few demons appeared in my room and they grabbed us. Before we could do anything they teleported us to the throne room. Xan bared his fangs when his saw his mate being held.

"What is the meaning of this?" King Azia asked, rage coming off of him in waves. King Dimo was a horrid looking demon with boils and warts on scale skin. "I want what I've always wanted." "Leave or it'll be your last chance." Azia warned him in a growl. I looked around the room, addressing the situation. My arms were behind my back, a knife at my neck.

"So tell me, what are humans doing living so freely here?" The King asked. "You just answered your own question. They're living freely." Azia said, his wings spreading threateningly. Darkness spread from his wings, causing many to cower. I didn't. I thought it was beautiful. Almost like shadows and night come to life. It filled the room quickly, cutting off all source of light. I was suddenly no longer being held. When the darkness disappeared King Azia was still where he was, but King Dimo was gone. The demons who captured us were dead.

"Where is he?" Xan asked. "Gone." Azia growled as he left the throne room, the doors slamming into the walls as he pushed them open. Xan rushed over to Yinsy and he quickly inspected her, "Were you hurt?" She shook her head, "I'm fine." She then turned to me,"Are you okay?" I nodded, "Yeah." I got to my feet and looked around.

What did he do? It happened so fast. Did he move that quickly or was it his power that killed them? I can see why many feared him. I saw a man protecting his people. A man with something to protect should always be feared because it means they'll do whatever it takes to ensure it stays protected.