14

If you see any mistakes, don't be afraid to point them out.

slight a n g s t

Another month goes by. Taehyung is able to work with his group once again without the pains of the accident stopping him. Jungkook still hasn't been able to forgive himself for what happened, but he's recovering as well.

As for me... I still haven't been able to wrap my head around this whole situation. They trust me to bring down the people who raised me, who taught me to keep my walls up. How can one trust someone who isn't able to trust?

Since my outburst, I've been avoiding them as much as possible, hoping to bring those walls back up. If something goes wrong, I won't be hurt as much. But I notice their worried glances. It's hard to ignore seven men when you live among them, especially Jin.

"Hey, you haven't had lunch," he scolds, placing his hands on his waist.

I form a scowl and turn away from him, leaving to their basement. It holds a lot of workout equipment, and that keeps my mind off of everything.

I feel his hand wrap around my arm,"Stop ignoring me-"

I harshly pull my arm away and turn to him, glaring. "Stop following me, you're making yourself look like a lost puppy."

It's not easy to turn your back on someone who's trying to care for you. Someone who just wants to be by your side and make sure you're okay. Yes, you'll be happy and healthy, but what will happen when it just disappears? The pain will overcome those beautiful memories and waking up alone will be your horrible reality.

I don't want to live through that nightmare again. I don't want to hurt those I hold dear. That's the last thing I want, so my only choice is to distance myself.

"Hey... can we talk for a minute?"

The punching bag endures one more blow before I turn to look at the youngest, his face holding almost no emotion. I let out heavy breaths as I remove the gloves from my sweaty hands.

"Make it quick," I pant out, grabbing my water bottle and chugging down half of it.

"We're all worried about you," Jungkook begins, walking towards me, "you can't just ignore us like this."

A soft chuckle leaves my lips when I turn to look at the boy standing before me. I expected to see the same empty eyes as before, but their glossy instead and I feel the wall start to crumble.

"Leave," I mumble, staring deeply into his eyes, sorrow rising into my heart. "Please, Jungkook."

He slowly shakes his head, taking another step forward. I stay still, knowing exactly where this is going. I should stop it, but I can't. He's breaking the wall I tried so hard to keep up.

"Jungkook, please don't do this."

He closes his eyes and a single tear falls down his red cheeks. He leans forward and lays his head on my shoulder, his arms wrapping around my body.

"Why are you pushing us away?" He asks, his voice cracking. "Can't you see that we care about you?"

Before I get to respond, he starts sobbing violently and his body starts shaking as he tries to calm himself.

My body begins to respond to this situation by wrapping my own arms around him, trying my best to comfort him. This is exactly why I'm pushing them away...

"I regret everything I've done," I mumble, my hands forming circles on his back, "I regret revealing everything, and risking your lives."

I regret killing off everything I love.

lmao can you even consider this chapter angsty? also, thank you for 1k reads ?? i'm terrible at expressing thanks without seeming cheesy, sorry lol. but thank you so much for taking the time to read this book!

Love you ♡