Thursday October 12th

My alarm went off at 6 and I got up and got dressed. I ate breakfast and then went to the fields. We warmed up and then worked on set pieces. We finished with 8v8. After our cool down we were free to go. I picked up food on my way to calculus. We took our exam and then went to lunch. Chemistry started at 1 and 30 minutes in phones started going crazy.

Student: professor you need to turn on the news

News: BREAKING: Active shooter on the University of Virginia's campus. 10 shots have been fired and the suspect is on the run. There has been 1 confirmed death and 4 wounded.

The whole class was silent. I had texts from almost all of the gals, Jayme, Kiley, Justin, Claire, and Matt. Class was dismissed, and Brad and I rushed to my apartment. We kept the news on and I started texting everyone back.

News: BREAKING: Shooter suspect has been found and detained. All 4 wounded have been hospitalized and the one death was confirmed to be a student-athlete.

Me: you don't think it was Megan
Brad: I don't know, she hasn't texted.
Me: and she isn't answering, oh god, Brad
Brad: it's okay

2 hours later I got a call from Jayme while Brad got a call from Coach Garvin at the same time.

Me: hey Jayme.
Jayme: Savannah, I, it
Me: no, it wasn't
Jayme: it was, it was Megan, She was gone before the EMT got to her.
Me: no it wasn't
Jayme: I'm sorry
Me: I talked to her yesterday, she was called into the U-20s camp for next week, she would have left in two days
Jayme: I didn't know
Me: she can't be
Jayme: she is, and it will be on the news in 30 minutes
Me: oh well, thanks for the heads up
Jayme: of course, I'll talk to you later
Me: alright bye Jayme.
Jayme: bye Savannah

Brad hung up with Coach Garvin and shut off the TV. We held each other as our phones just kept going off. After a while we finally checked them. The football game had been canceled and I had text and missed calls from the gals, texts from AK and the girls, and a message from Barron.

Me: well we have study hours, come on
Brad: babe
Me: and we have to eat
Brad: you can't run from this
Me: I'm not

Brad gave up and followed me. We picked up dinner and went to Loudermilk. We signed in and did our 3 hours. We went back to my apartment and crashed.